Wisdom teeth FTL!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom teeth FTL!!

Looks like it is typically done for 16 to 25 yr olds. The teeth become much stronger in the root after that.

I'm a couple weeks away from 31 and looks like it may be that time for me.

My jaw has been aching for the past 3 weeks. I figured it was allergies because my head feels like it is in a vise and I've been stuffed up and a fever.

The other night the jaw got really bad and I noticed that my 3rd wisdom teeth in my lower jaw are poking through.

Right side looks like it is somewhat coming in forward.

Left side has a small portion poking through and might be angled backwards.

It's swollen and red

The 3rd row of wisdom teeth in my upper jaw are fully through.

From what I have read it may be a b*tch to remove because I am older.

Dentist appt made for today

These are EXTRME measures for weight reduction.... I WILL be asking for nitrous to knock me out..... would it be silly if I bring my own 10 lb bottle??
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Re: Wisdom teeth FTL!!

haha crazy...

I am one of that part of the population that is considered more evolved.

I have no wisdom teeth.

Comment

When I had mine pulled it didn't hurt one bit. I did twilight because I don't like the idea of being completely out, but once that wore off I was fine. The most irritating part is feeling the holes with your tongue and getting stuff stuck in them before they completely close up.

Comment

Had mine removed at 18, they gave me more KO medicine than I was supposed to get so I felt nothing and felt great for a few hours afterwards. I didn't have any pain in the few days after either, was eating solid food two days later.
        On a side note, that would be funny as hell to show up with your own equipment to knock yourself out.
        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Just have them sedate you for it and have them do all 4 at once. He'll give you some pain killers to hold you over a few days and just relax. Try to sleep through the first day or so makes it easier.
          FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
          Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
          Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

I hate teeth. 2 of mine are cracked. And I sure as hell ain't lettin' no dentist have his way with me!
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

if they are poking thru, thats not that bad.. the dentist will have to cut less and you'll recover quicker.

I had two of mine out back in college... i left the hospital (i have asthma, so they had to do it as out patient), drove across the street and had coffee and donuts at dunkin donuts.

good luck to you.. most people get thru it without too much of a hassle...
              Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

I was ~16 when I had mine out. Got knocked out all the way, thats the only way i would do it. Woke up a few hours later at home in my bed.

Comment

Update - 4 need to come out per dentist.

I call the oral surgeon.... and the f*cker says I can't just come in and have them removed.... I have to make a consultation appt.... then wait a couple days and then get the f*ckers out.

Grrrrrr, majorly pissed off now!
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Start chewing motrin now... like it's candy. might take the edge off.. but your going to need real pain killers and to have them removed to feel any better.
                    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

had mine out a few years ago and I felt fine... and high for a day or so... then the whole next week sucked ***. I couldn't eat anything and felt like crap.
                      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

i had mine out last april. its not THAT bad. the first day i didnt feel anything, i just slept. The next day kinda sucked cuz my mouth was all swollen and crusty and i couldn't fit a toothbrush between my teeth but after that it was ok. The pain isnt that bad neither. I didnt even take the vicodin they gave me, i just took motrin and called it good.
                        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

maybe I should also post that mine had to be cut out early due to braces and mouth being overcrowded with teeth. Cutting them out when they are not showing may be worse. They only gave me Tylenol 5 :(
                          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by TealV6
                            Just have them sedate you for it and have them do all 4 at once. He'll give you some pain killers to hold you over a few days and just relax. Try to sleep through the first day or so makes it easier.
                            Yep. I was knocked out cold. Counted up to 3, and I was out. Woke up in the hallway waiting for my dad. I slightly remember getting in his truck, then all of a sudden being in my bed at home. Mcdonalds strawberry shakes ftw! Except, my bottom lip was still numb, so half the shake missed and went on the towel on my chest. Woot.

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6
                              Looks like it is typically done for 16 to 25 yr olds. The teeth become much stronger in the root after that.

I'm a couple weeks away from 31 and looks like it may be that time for me.

My jaw has been aching for the past 3 weeks. I figured it was allergies because my head feels like it is in a vise and I've been stuffed up and a fever.

The other night the jaw got really bad and I noticed that my 3rd wisdom teeth in my lower jaw are poking through.

Right side looks like it is somewhat coming in forward.

Left side has a small portion poking through and might be angled backwards.

It's swollen and red

The 3rd row of wisdom teeth in my upper jaw are fully through.

From what I have read it may be a b*tch to remove because I am older.

Dentist appt made for today

These are EXTRME measures for weight reduction.... I WILL be asking for nitrous to knock me out..... would it be silly if I bring my own 10 lb bottle??

Na, won't be that bad... I was kinda iffy on having mine taken out... I put it off and put it off for years... Then I was told that the wisdom teeth was going to make me lose my other teeth if I did not have them taken out soon(with in a few years). So I decided to go ahead and get it over with. I'm 29 now, well was 28 back in Feb. when I had them taken out.. I was so drugged up, I can not remember much of anything before, and I cannot remember about anything maybe a hour after... :D And the pain med they gave me.. I felt good... :P As long as they drug you up nicely, you'll do great. :) I still have places where the teeth where... It takes like 6 months for a full bone to fill in the place where your teeth was.... Pretty crazy, but, the big thing is, do not... and I repeat... do not eat anything sharp or hard and forget about not chewing back in your mouth... because, about a month after I had mine out... I was eating veggies... and I forgot... oohhh the pain... I did wait a couple of months before I ate chips..

But, again, all and all, not bad at all... I did have a dry socket form in one of them, that sucked... I think it was the next trip back for a check up after the surgery... And found I had a dry socket(not to bad of one, because I have heard of people about going crazy from the pain of a dry socket)... That was an experience... nothing like having someone jab a already hurt area... but, then they medded it up.. and th pain went away.. :D

Feels so much better not having those things back there... I think you'll do ok. :) Just follow all the directions they give you and you'll be fine
                              Last edited by Guardiannknight; 09-19-2007, 12:40 AM.
                              2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
                              5 speed
                              Project: Unreal
                              Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
                              2007 Chevy Aveo 5
                              Mods K&N air filter:excited:
                              www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X