How does your car get washed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How does your car get washed?

deff always by hand here. NEVER a car wash. the camaro doesn't go out much. but she still gets washed at least once a week. if she comes out for a week straight. she will get washed everyday
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I have heard bad things about car washes never cleaning the brushes, so rocks can collect in them. In the summer, all my cars get hand washed. In the winter, the FB hybernates, and my other cars go to touchless washes only.

I am not sure if the car wash rock thing is true, but I'm not taking any chances.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6
        interior too? wow... nice... although i am curious why you don't have a hose near you...
        Apartment complex rules, touch the hose and pay the price. Only the maintenance people can use it to water the lawn and such.

Comment

I always wash mine by hand... but we've had a water ban here for the last few months so my car's been unwashed since she lived in california :(

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Always by hand. I prefer to stay as swirl free as possible. I'd like to get a foam gun, but that's a little over the top for a daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
              I have heard bad things about car washes never cleaning the brushes, so rocks can collect in them. In the summer, all my cars get hand washed. In the winter, the FB hybernates, and my other cars go to touchless washes only.

I am not sure if the car wash rock thing is true, but I'm not taking any chances.
              its true...thats why these cars should never see an autowash...but they do sadly. just take it to the do-it-yourself wash bays. they have heaters in the winter to keep ya warm.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackW68
                its true...thats why these cars should never see an autowash...but they do sadly. just take it to the do-it-yourself wash bays. they have heaters in the winter to keep ya warm.
                You know theres one of those down the street from me.. I decided to take my car there a couple of months ago (cuz of the water ban, and not having a hose), turned into a complete debacle. So i figured that it would have a hose, and i could bring my own soap etc. .. nope, it was one of these weird 7 step washes.. i dunno. I put in 4 dollars worth of quarters and it gave me 4 minutes of hose time. Fair enough i think, i won't need 4 minutes of continous running water anyway. Wrong, the stupid timer didn't stop when you weren't actually using the hose, so i had 4 minutes to spray the car with this soap stuff, and scrub, and rinse, and dry. Needless to say i ran out of time with my car still covered in suds, and i was out of cash.. so i decided to try to take it through the auto wash (i just wanted the damn thing clean at this point). No go, my car's too low and the differential covering wouldn't clear the rail :mad: So i had to drive back home with a car covered in suds so i could rinse it off with a bucket..... :tdown:

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                  You know theres one of those down the street from me.. I decided to take my car there a couple of months ago (cuz of the water ban, and not having a hose), turned into a complete debacle. So i figured that it would have a hose, and i could bring my own soap etc. .. nope, it was one of these weird 7 step washes.. i dunno. I put in 4 dollars worth of quarters and it gave me 4 minutes of hose time. Fair enough i think, i won't need 4 minutes of continous running water anyway. Wrong, the stupid timer didn't stop when you weren't actually using the hose, so i had 4 minutes to spray the car with this soap stuff, and scrub, and rinse, and dry. Needless to say i ran out of time with my car still covered in suds, and i was out of cash.. so i decided to try to take it through the auto wash (i just wanted the damn thing clean at this point). No go, my car's too low and the differential covering wouldn't clear the rail :mad: So i had to drive back home with a car covered in suds so i could rinse it off with a bucket..... :tdown:
                  holy crap...thats rediculous.. could you put in like...1 dollar for one minute of hose time? cause then you could just put in a dollar to spray it initially, then soap it and wheel cleaner, then another dollar for another minute. or is it only in 4 minute intervals? if so thats just rediculous... the one by me is good like that. but i never use it, we have a power washer at home that gets the job done and then some

if so then just think of it this way...you gotta give a little if you want your car's paint to remain unmolested

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

if i cant do it by hand, it stays dirty. ive never taken it to a car wash... my girlfriend wanted to help me wash it once, and i let her watch

when im at home, i wash it about once a week in the summer (wax every other week) and once every 2 weeks or so once it gets cold out and im not driving it much.
                    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                    2006 S60- Sold
                    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackW68
                      holy crap...thats rediculous.. could you put in like...1 dollar for one minute of hose time? cause then you could just put in a dollar to spray it initially, then soap it and wheel cleaner, then another dollar for another minute. or is it only in 4 minute intervals? if so thats just rediculous... the one by me is good like that. but i never use it, we have a power washer at home that gets the job done and then some

if so then just think of it this way...you gotta give a little if you want your car's paint to remain unmolested
                      You could put in as much change as you wanted. I didn't think the timer would still run when you weren't using the hose tho, otherwise i would have just put in like 30 seconds worth at a time.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X