How does your car get washed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does your car get washed?

Personally, I've never taken the maro to the carwash. Too expensive and it doesn't do any good anyway. All hand washed here.
    Always by hand.
    60.47%
    Mostly by hand, sometimes at the carwash
    20.93%
    Mostly at the carwash, sometimes by hand
    9.30%
    Always at the carwash
    2.33%
    My car likes to be dirty.
    6.98%
    Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 09-04-2007, 08:52 PM.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: How does your car get washed?

Mine is always handwashed. Your car never gets completely cleaned at a carwash....at least that is my experience.

Comment

always carwash.....till a lifter died now it sits on the side of the house...so gets washed when it rains :D

Comment

I do not have access to a hose where we live. I go to a local 100% hand car wash. The guy spends about 1 hour doing the interior and exterior for $12. I give him a $20 and tell him to keep the change. Every time I go back he does a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd
          I do not have access to a hose where we live. I go to a local 100% hand car wash. The guy spends about 1 hour doing the interior and exterior for $12. I give him a $20 and tell him to keep the change. Every time I go back he does a great job.
          interior too? wow... nice... although i am curious why you don't have a hose near you...

Comment

I used to wash by hand... took it through a carwash a few times to test the t-tops...

Then had a deal through work with a carwash... washed, detailed inside and out, even shampooed the carpets all for free. and I would throw a $10 in the jar(~5-6 people would work on the car)

now I do it myself.

Comment

I have been so busy recently, i didn't have any time to wash my car. If you want me to guesstimate when the last time car was washed, I gonna have to say somewhere in mid March?? But I always use my hand. Right now my car has a thin layer of dust(6 months worth of dust+fog) that I am scared i'll get it on my clothes. so, yeah, I voted for the "dirty". I like my car and girl -- both dirty ;)

:)
              09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
              sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

mine doesn't fit in the carwash ;)

Comment

my car always gets hand washed. carwashes put tiny scratches in the paint from those rotating things that wack your car. it dulls the paint prematurely. and besides, its so nice to see the outcome when your all done with a good wash & wax. but you gotta know how to hand wash too or you may put swirl marks on your car from small dirt particles.
                  Last edited by 99BlackW68; 09-04-2007, 09:57 PM.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                    so, yeah, I voted for the "dirty". I like my car and girl -- both dirty ;)
                    :)
                    Hey, Mike Rowe is looking for a replacement :poke: :D
                    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

When I am at my parent's house, it is always by hand. But at my apartment, I either wait till the weekend or hit up the car wash. Last year I knew a promo code for the Laserwash around the corner from my apartment, it would give me a free ultimate wash. I used this every week until my winter car went on the road, then the promo ended. It was great while it lasted, I told everyone about it.
                      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

i dont do auto car washes. i go use the sprayer and soap and scrub the hell out of the wheel wells with the brush, everything else is hand done.

cant complain, car is 12 years old and looks better than cars half its age. she's aged well for me so far.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

I'll go thru the self car wash every now and then... mainly because to wash by hand i would have to drive home or run buckets up and down the apartment complex. But if my paint job was in better shape, then i'd def not use the self serve car wash. Its caused one small spot to peel away the clear coat.
                          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Were i work they have a wash bay and i can wash my car when ever i want, and what ever time i want " if i wana wash it at 3am i can. But the damn wind n dust. doesnt stay clean for long. With no Dent in the wallet.

Comment

I kick myself in the rear when my sister tells me she pays $85 to have someone wash, vaccuum, and wax her BMW Z3.

It's not as good as the way I clean my cars.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X