Why does stupidity run rampant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does stupidity run rampant?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes i love these rants. and i have to admit there has been alot of ticket post around here. then again tis the season for the f bodies to be out
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

<------- Still has 0 tickets :D

:knocks on wood:
      sigpic
      1997 Camaro RS A4
      2006 Chevy Colorado
      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor
        Wes' once a month thing. Chocolate will definately help you.
        Im at the point now that sex doesn't control the anger, seriously.

I just get tired of people looking for the easy way out of things, looking for a hookup. Its rediculous. People need to start taking responsibility for their actions, look in the mirror, and say "I FUCT UP". I have had problems in my life for years now, some of which I can control, some of which I cannot, but not one time did I ever take the ones I could control and blame someone else for them. Especially tickets.
        Last edited by Mogobs30th; 09-03-2007, 09:17 AM.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

i agree that when you do something stupid you should be prepared to deal with the consequences. i have been pulled over when i wasnt speeding. the cop was just trying to think of reasons to give me a ticket. he claimed he was going 85 to catch up to me (i was going 45-50 in a 50) and then when i asked to see his radar gun, and he said he had no proof of how fast i was going, he tried saying i ran a red light! so you cant make generalizations. if i hadnt been so willing to stand up for myself to that cop, i sure as hell would have been on here asking for advice on what to do.
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown
            X2

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
            : Honestly, the idea of police is good. They do very good things, keep us safe. But the fact that they have power means some are going to abuse it. Everything is corrupt to an extent. Some cops are on power trips and get carried away. But for the most part, if you're ticketed, you were probably doing something wrong, whether it's "ticket worthy" or not. So deal with it.:
            Thats about all you can do, fussin and fueding does nothing but get you on the wrong side of the law IMO

Comment

Well, I've been pulled over a time or two as well. Like some people have said, some were my own stupidity, some were completely out of nowhere. The ones where I was in the wrong, I went ahead and paid the fines, and took the ticket. But 2 examples stick out in my mind.
              I got pulled over once just off of campus. We had just left to get some food at Wendy's. As we passed the girls dorm up, I saw a black Honda Civic parked in a no parking zone and some girls were getting in. I just happened to notice cause it's 4 chicks.... but anyways. We get out of the 35 zone, and are crossing the river on this bridge with a 25mph limit. Just before the main section of the bridge there's another onramp. I notice the unmarked Monte Carlo waiting to get on the bridge at that ramp and check, and we're cruising along at 25-26 (cause the cruise doesn't set exactly on either number for some reason). Anyways the black civic comes flying up behind me out of nowhere. And gets about 2 car lengths from me before she gets it slowed down (I know, you're thinkin how does a Civic get going that fast, he's lying, but keep in mind, we're doing 25mph, so 45 is catching up pretty quick). At the end of the bridge, we turn right and the Civic goes straight on through to make the loop and head left. Well, we get almost to Wendy's (like a 3/4 mile from the bridge) when we hear sirens, so naturally, me and about 6 other cars get off the road into a gas station parking lot. That's right, I'm in traffic at this point, but anyways, Barney pulls up behind my car and gets out. Shelly (the passenger up front) was like "I wonder what he needs, we weren't speeding or doing anything stupid". So anyways, he gets to my door and started b!tching at me for speeding, said I was doing 42 in a 25 back on the bridge and that I musta been trying to get away cause he lost me at the end of it when he went straight through and into the loop. Said he saw my car and had to cross oncoming traiffic to chase me down. I told him I didn't speed and he must have been chasing the black Civic, but didn't want to argue with him, so I left it at that. My car is Hugger Orange with black "racing" stripes, it musta been me that he radar'd when I almost got plowed by another car.

Mandatory 100 dollar fine for speeding anywhere in town, what could I do?

The other example that comes to mind was when I got pulled over for doing 82 in a 65. He claimed that I was in a 55 but was gonna help me out and write it as a 65 zone. But we were in a 65 zone, so all that he really did was not screw me over. He was really cool though. He was like, "Man, if I'd known it was a Camaro, I'd have waited till you got to the bottom of the hill. I woulda got you for a lot more". We both laughed, and he told me to just call the number on the back, and tell them that I want to take some kind of driving class to reduce/drop the ticket. We laughed again and he told me to have a good night. What I didn't tell him though, was if he'd waited till the bottom of the hill, I would have been back at the speed limit, he caught me after I started slowing down. Either way, I deserved that ticket, and prolly more, but I got pulled over by the awesomest cop ever. Guess he was just having a good day.

Either way, the whole point of this long post is to just show that there's good ones, and there's pricks, everywhere. Just be glad you don't have an orange car with stripes and flashy wheels, they keep a close eye on me. I can't blame them though.
              ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X