X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm sick of getting tickets

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
    but I pose this to you: in order for her to claim i hit 60 with any weight in court, she'd have to have clocked me w/ radar or laser at 60 WHILE STOPPED (radar and laser are useless when in motion.)
    I wasn't even going to say anything to any of this because.... Well it really doesn't matter, since i know none of you in Real life therefore it truely doesn't matter but... You are so.. So so so very wrong about this. Radar is not useless while in motion.

My buddy was traveling 77 in a 55 (least hes man enough to admit it.) And a cop was traveling in the opposite direction. Flashed his lights turning around an pulled him over. Got him on the radar. I use to believe the same thing. But now i know differently.

I know your not going to believe me cause your a whopping 20 years old an already know EVERYTHING... So im really talking to a brick wall right now.

[quote]Also " little girlie v6" hello... v6 f-body forum, criticizing the car isnt going to get you on everyones good side either, mr. girlie V6 3.08 Open diffy[/qoute] Dude.. Seriously, these cars are slow. Very slow, an it takes thousands of dollars to make them, relatively fast. (Least the engines are indestructable.)

An i never said my car was fast. I know its a ***** made base model. But my base model firebird, will bring me one day to a LS1 firebird/camaro. I already have the dough to get me there.

Comment

First: Lol
      and second: why hasn't this been locked yet?
      ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

it doesnt work like that.

again w/ the flaming... its only making you look bad.
        I know your not going to believe me cause your a whopping 20 years old an already know EVERYTHING... So im really talking to a brick wall right now.
        i didnt wanna go here but... i may be 20 years old and i dont know "everything" but i do know calculus and i do have experiance w/ radar guns.

ok, so if the cop is traveling at 55 the way, and your buddy is going 77 the other way, the radar would've said that your buddy was cruising at 132 from almost a dead on. simple enough right? the radar would've had to have been hooked up to the police vehicle directly in order to cancel out the 55 mph that the cop was doing. this is all provided that he was far enough away so that the angle was changing at a negligable rate but not further than 1000 feet (the maximum operating range for radar iirc).
        why am i talking about angles? well, if you're buddy was going down an interstate w/ a divider in the middle, moving in a parallel direction, then the angle of his car on the radar is changing far more rapidly. from dead on, the angle might change a degree or two at the right time. the farther off to the side the cop gets, the more useless the radar becomes because the apparent speed is going to be different. because its hard to tell the change in the angle, much less prove it, its not allowed in court.
        For instance, suppose a car is traveling at 50 mph due south at a point 1/2 mile north of an intersection while a police car is traveling at 40 mph due west at a point 1/4 mile due east of the same intersection. at that instant, the radar gun measures the car's speed. (this is taken DIRECTLY from my calculus textbook). I'll spare you all the nastyness that is calculus but the gun will register 62.6 mph. The gun will be 12.6 mph off and thats why unless the police have come up w/ some sweet new radar system that can tell the absolute speed of any vehicle (by taking vehicle speed, suspect speed and the angle b/w the two cars into account) then i'm going to still call b/s. the only way a radar gun can be accurate is if it is stationary while the subject moves.
        if you really want, i can scan the problem in and show you exactly the math thats involved behind that or you can take my word...

also, if i was speeding, i'd admit it. http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=76164 i admitted it there. I'm not going to admit to something i didnt do tho. tires making noise? ok, yes i did. insurance barely outta date... yup. speeding? capital No.

now, you've tried to insult me and say "you're just 20 years old, you dont know anything" and you gave me an anecdote about your friend. i've given you cold hard numbers to back up my statements. I'm willing to argue the point but lets keep it to facts here. short of seeing the law itself, i dont believe i can be dissuaded from my stance here tho. and if you show me i will gladly admit that i stand corrected.
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X