This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sick of getting tickets

ok, so i pulled out of my apartment complex 2nite (midnight) to go to wendy's and grab a late nite snack. making the 90* turn, i squealed the tires a lil bit (1/4 throttle on asphalt/gravel). get to about 35-40 and i see Barney and his blue lights. So i get over to let them pass... and they pull up behind me! i was laughing at how rediculous this was but i figured i'd go thru my normal procedure:
    both windows down, lights on, radio off, both hands on the wheel, seatbelt on. The officer walks up, i offer to move into a driveway so she doesnt have to stand in the middle of the road. she declines and says thank you. she asks if i know why she pulled me over. I say "Ma'am if i had to guess it'd be because i chirped the tires a bit pulling out but thats because my trans is low on fluid and will kick into gear suddenly and chirp the tires". she nods, takes my info and leaves. I laugh to myself and sit back.
    she comes back 10 minutes later adn i'm expecting a warning and a dirty look. No, she wrote me up for 3 infractions... i'll deal with them one at a time if i may:

60 in a 45 construction zone.
    pure and utter :bs: 1. theres no way i made it to 60 and slowed down safely to a stop in the 1/4 mile (almost exactly) that i'd driven from the apt. complex exit to the spot where i was (i was still in front of my apartment complex property). If i was flooring it from a launch, then MAYBE but i was at 1/2 throttle. 2. She couldn't have clocked me at 60 and pulled me over in such a short amount of distance. Couldn't happen. 3. it WAS NOT a constrution zone. there is a plaza that's being built on the corner. Private constrution and state construction are two completely different things. There were NO signs designating the area as a construction zone either. and 4. it was a 40 mph speed limit. I didnt exceed it and the fact that she labeled the area as a 45 means that she didn't know the speed limits for the roads she was on and as such she probably didnt have her speed detection equipment out... so her saying that i was doing 60 is no more than a guess.

Insurance out of date
    ok, so my insurance was 24 hours and 10 minutes out of date. So sue me. the new slip is in the mail. She didnt even ask me about it... she just wrote me up. I'm insured, she could've asked.

Squeeling tires
    Something is telling me that there is NO local ordinance entitled "squeeling tires". Sudden acceleration.. maybe. Careless driving... possibly but again this is a rwd car with no weight in the back, a 150lb driver and LSD coming off asphalt with gravel on it on a 90* turn... i could idle and almost have the tires going. There's no provision in the law for "squeeling tires" so basically she has no idea what she's writing me up for... she was just pulling things out of her butt.

What gets me is that i was supremely polite and respectful to her, offering to move so she wouldn't be in the road, turning on my interior lights, keeping my hands fully visible and even asking permission to reach in my pocket for my wallet and instead of giving me a break, she wrote me up for everything she could and then some. i'm so frustrated right now....
    Last edited by Camaro Dom; 08-18-2007, 01:27 AM.
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Re: I'm sick of getting tickets

some cops are just having a bad day i suppose, or are just bitter. In a similiar situation i got a "prohibited tire noise" ticket for chirping the tires just slightly over the painted stop line in a 90* turn from a stop. Sorry to hear about all the other bs though..
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i just dont get it. its not like i'm out there raising hell and being an idiot. back when first got the car 3 years ago, i was a complete a-hole w/ it and never got pulled over. now, i've gotten 3 tickets in 8 months and i obey the speed limits and drive very defensively. I slow down rather than speed up to change lanes on the highway. I never drive in the left lane b/c i'm not the fastest guy out there but i'm still the one w/ the tickets at the end of the day. its like why do i even try?
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

What a bit<h! Sounds like you have you're hands full now. I was going to say that you should file some kind of complaint until I saw the out of date insurance. I think she knew she could screw you pretty bad because of that. Now you'll have to take the insurance card to court and maybe get a written letter from your company to take with you to get out of that one. The other tickets, I don't know... if you don't have any points, they may end up giving you hefty fines instead. That's what they do around here.
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
          i just dont get it. its not like i'm out there raising hell and being an idiot. back when first got the car 3 years ago, i was a complete a-hole w/ it and never got pulled over. now, i've gotten 3 tickets in 8 months and i obey the speed limits and drive very defensively. I slow down rather than speed up to change lanes on the highway. I never drive in the left lane b/c i'm not the fastest guy out there but i'm still the one w/ the tickets at the end of the day. its like why do i even try?
          That's usually how it works. With how much driving I'm doing now I see the a holes drivers go by the cops and nothing and the people that appear to be doing everything are the ones they catch. Go figure.
          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

the big question is....

what did you get from wendys?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

I just suprised she didn't write you up a ticket for unsafe operation, for not having enough tranny fluid. Sounds like she's new and doesn't have the little tricks down yet.

Like if it were a construction zone the speed limit wouldn't be "45" anymore... it would probably be lower.

You gonna fight it? Seems like you would get out of everything but the insurance.

Sorry about the BS.

Rob

Edit --> Sorry I just was thinking about that squeeling tires crap, and I remembered that my wife's AWD squeels the tires every time you make a turn in a parking lot. I guess I should be getting a ticket for that everytime I turn? BS
              Last edited by rt1; 08-18-2007, 11:25 AM.
              \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Most female officers are power tripping *****es. If I were a judge, I would throw out all those tickets against you. Make sure to take it to court. Who the **** cares if you even had a insurance slip that was out of date, they can punch that **** in their computer and find out right away that you are covered and insured.

And is it against the law to squeal the tires under a reasonable situation as you had explained?

Take it to court and don't pay this without a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                  the big question is....
                  what did you get from wendys?
                  X2 :D

:)
                  09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                  sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

did you get my pm kaiser?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                      did you get my pm kaiser?
                      umm yeah, stop pm'ing people :poke:

:)
                      09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

hahaha u wanna see a ticket.....

Comment

$500 holy ****, **** that. I would be pissed. They would be taking me to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by XgunsmokeX
                            hahaha u wanna see a ticket.....
                            LOL. WTF is a $50 head injury surcharge for speeding? That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Rob
                            \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                              LOL. WTF is a $50 head injury surcharge for speeding? That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Rob
                              That's to cover the cost for when you bust them up side the head when they hand you a $500 ticket.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X