your first time getting pulled over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: your first time getting pulled over

I've been pulled over so many times, I forgot my first. I did lose my license for 3 mos because it was within my first year.

my best story though:

I've driving home in my '79 Toyota pickup. NO exhaust. none. straight out the manifold - loud as hell. I get pulled over doing like 20 over, I forget exactly. Luckily, my brother was on his way home too, a mile or so behind me. He sees that I'm pulled over, and he knows I just got my license back. He FLIES by me and the cop in his old black nova doing about 90. His friend, literally hanging out the window yells "f--- you pig!".

The cop throw my license back at me and says "go", jumps into his car and goes after my brother. My brother, cop in tow turns down this dirt road with a four wheel squeal. Finally he stops. The cop gets out all pissed. My brother says "OMG, the throttle stuck!" and says that his friend was hanging out the window yelling for help. The cop looks under the hood and sees the throttle linkage is all gunked and dirty. He tells my brother to get it fixed, and let him go!

My bro still tells me to this day that I owe him for that one.

btw, Crazed98Camaro, do you know any Guthries in the Rotterdam area?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
      I've driving home in my '79 Toyota pickup. NO exhaust. none. straight out the manifold - loud as hell. I get pulled over doing like 20 over, I forget exactly. Luckily, my brother was on his way home too, a mile or so behind me. He sees that I'm pulled over, and he knows I just got my license back. He FLIES by me and the cop in his old black nova doing about 90. His friend, literally hanging out the window yells "f--- you pig!".

The cop throw my license back at me and says "go", jumps into his car and goes after my brother. My brother, cop in tow turns down this dirt road with a four wheel squeal. Finally he stops. The cop gets out all pissed. My brother says "OMG, the throttle stuck!" and says that his friend was hanging out the window yelling for help. The cop looks under the hood and sees the throttle linkage is all gunked and dirty. He tells my brother to get it fixed, and let him go!
      Best story EVER!!!

Never been pulled after 2 1/2 years. *Knock on Wood*

Comment

It was a couple hours after school and I was following my buddy in my Camaro and we're at a stop sign turning right. It had just got done raining that day and he goes out fine and when i turn my back tires start spinning and I didnt notice the cop that was either coming down the street or right behind me. So I get tagged with a ticket for $66 for doing a burnout.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
          btw, Crazed98Camaro, do you know any Guthries in the Rotterdam area?
          Dont know what Guthries is.
          Did a quick google, and are you talking about some chicken place?!?!

Comment

How many of you can say you got pulled over, in your car, in the middle of the lake? Just today I got stopped by a state police boat. I pretended I didn't see him but he finally put the lights on and told me to shut it down on his loud speaker. I was doing 7 mph in my fathers amphicar, and the b*tches pulled me over, out of the 1,000 boats on the island. Im like, tell me the truth, you just pulled me over because you either wanted to check out the car, or the chicks... He just shook his head and proceeded to question the hell out of me, then let me go only later after my father took the boat out to meet us and explain the legalities of having the car on the lake. We were completley legal, both car and boat registration. Punks. Good story though I suppose, lol.
            Last edited by JusFlyinBy; 07-14-2007, 03:37 PM.
            <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

I got pulled over by the local township going 105 in a much slower speed zone. I was maxing out my old cobalt (lol slow) at like 2 am. Cop told me that I would die if I wrecked going that fast and let me be on my way. I am so lucky and appreciative for that officer being so nice. It taught me a valuble lesson. As for your case with the license plate that sucks, Ohio does it too.

Comment

Just using my moms Expedition on the way home from my ex-girlfriend's house. I pulled out on a road that I honestly thought was 40. In the back of my mind I was thinking about gunning it because it sounded exciting, being that I just turned 16. Well I just crused going 40 and see blue and red. Apparently that road changes speed limits 3 times in like a 5 mile section and the speedlimit was 30. I didn't know because it was late at night and I missed the sign and because I was 16 and didn't know the streets that well... Oh well, Ignorance is not an escuse. Learned that the hard way $150 later.
                Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

My first time was a 55 in a 45. Had my winter car on the road for about a month, and knew the speedo was off, but not that far off... Cop got me going down a hill and he was in the other lane heading in the other direction. Was coming home from an away school basketball game and the player bus, cheerleader bus, and a bunch of my friends passed me as I was pulled over. He let me go with a warning...

As for the front plate, it does suck. My buddy got a ticket for no front plate on his 06 Roush Mustang. We are still figuring out a hideaway bracket for it...
                  <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed98Camaro
                    the camaro has been on the road for a month, linsence plate on the dash
                    no problems, but today was different.
                    i pass a cop, no big deal, i ended up telling him my lincense plate bracket is in the back, (which it was) but it wouldnt fit on the the front of the car.
                    he bought it and let me go. thank god.
                    SLP sells a front license plate bracket for the Camaro, so you can mount your tag without visually messing up the bumper or grille. I think its like $25, check it out, it sounds like it would be well worth it.

As for my first ticket, I was 15 (legal driving age in MS in 1986) on my way to school, and got busted for doing 56 mph in a 20 zone. The ticket was $78....I spent the next 3 weekends in the dead of winter washing police cars to work off the ticket. LOL!!! About 2 wks after that, the fines in school zones were doubled, so yeah, I lucked up getting the ticket when I did.

Comment

Originally posted by JusFlyinBy
                      How many of you can say you got pulled over, in your car, in the middle of the lake? Just today I got stopped by a state police boat. I pretended I didn't see him but he finally put the lights on and told me to shut it down on his loud speaker. I was doing 7 mph in my fathers amphicar, and the b*tches pulled me over, out of the 1,000 boats on the island. Im like, tell me the truth, you just pulled me over because you either wanted to check out the car, or the chicks... He just shook his head and proceeded to question the hell out of me, then let me go only later after my father took the boat out to meet us and explain the legalities of having the car on the lake. We were completley legal, both car and boat registration. Punks. Good story though I suppose, lol.
                      Alright...wheres the pictures of the car, er boat, uh whatever in the hell it is...lol

Comment

Originally posted by LarryMow
                        Alright...wheres the pictures of the car, er boat, uh whatever in the hell it is...lol
                        http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=81274
                        <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

The day After I bought my car i was caught doing 65 in a 25, but the cop let me go for 49. Just enough not to get my licence taken away. :D
                          1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
                          - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

This thread crack me up everytime I see it in the home page ..... this is what I mean

....Maybe I should make a thread with "that" title ...haha

:)
                            09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                            sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                              This thread crack me up everytime I see it in the home page ..... this is what I mean

....Maybe I should make a thread with "that" title ...haha

:)
                              hhaha thats too good.
                              and i say go for it, you'll prolly get some good stories. :p

Comment

first time i got pulled over... i was 16, driving a 1986 mitsubishi mirage hatchback. 1.5 liters with a 4 speed manual.. oooh yeah..

i was driving down a 2 lane road that goes through a few shopping complexes with a 35mph speed limit. traffic was slowing to a stop, so i started weaving around and kept it floored (not as fast/exciting as it sounds). as i come up on the top of the hill going 50, it turns out there was an accident up the road and the ambulance was blocking the left lane. this old woman's car was up against the curb and she was sitting on the ambulance bumper with her forehead bleeding. doing what i thought was best - given that i had more experience playing "Cruis'n USA" at the arcade than actual drive time - i kept my foot on the gas and aimed for the opening between the ambulance and the car.... ..

little did i know, there was 2 cop bikes on the other side of the ambulance.
                                as i'm racing down the road, a cop steps out into the space i'm aiming for and puts his hand out in this sig heil that i was having trouble interpreting until he jumped out of the way at the last second (read: little hop to the left) and yelled at me at the top of his lungs. i slam on the brakes about 10ft after i pass him and start to back up while he's screaming for me to come back.
                                he visually estimated my speed to be 45mph and asked me what the speed limit was - i said 45. his buddy came over and asked him what he was doing (my car was blocking traffic at this point). he wrote me a ticket for going 50 in a 45.
                                since i was under 18, i had to go to juv. traffic court. my dad had some strange idea for me to dress exactly as he did with some fishing shirt and suspenders and the judge dismissed the ticket before we had a chance to sit down in front of him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  2 days ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X