Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you wear your seatbelt?

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
    you hit on something here - escalation. The safer and easier you make cars, the dumber people get. And people who used to be too afraid to drive or couldn't drive, now can.
    Are making cars safer and easier a good thing? Wouldn't people drive more sane if there was a big rusted spike in the steering wheel instead of an airbag?
    concur. automatics give people the confidence to drive. and the freedom to have one free hand and foot. and now wit lexus' self park system it gets worse. now people that cant park will feel they capable of diving because their car can do one more "difficult" task for them. most of the people i know dont prefer not to drive than to learn stick, because its "too hard" like speedybird said, people get dumb with more comforts, and its not only evident in automobiles

Comment

I wear my seatbelt all the time.

I have seen many tragedies that did not have to be tragedies because people were not wearing their seatbelts.

A co-worker driving up Florida's Turnpike got thrown from the car in an accident and died. Her child who was wearing a seatbelt survived - now with no mother.

A family is driving a minivan on I-4 in Orlando. Another vehicle causes their minivan to go over the side of a bridge. The people not wearing their seatbelts (parents and some of the kids) die. The kids wearing their seatbelts survive - now parentless.

It is totally stupid not to wear a seatbelt.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68
        I wear my seatbelt all the time.

I have seen many tragedies that did not have to be tragedies because people were not wearing their seatbelts.

A co-worker driving up Florida's Turnpike got thrown from the car in an accident and died. Her child who was wearing a seatbelt survived - now with no mother.

A family is driving a minivan on I-4 in Orlando. Another vehicle causes their minivan to go over the side of a bridge. The people not wearing their seatbelts (parents and some of the kids) die. The kids wearing their seatbelts survive - now parentless.

It is totally stupid not to wear a seatbelt.
        The truth is, if you're not gonna wear your seatbelt, and you feel like getting in an accident then be drunk. Really drunk. I have a friend who's a paramedic and he said that almost all the people hes seen survive being ejected from the car were hammered. lol

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by iZZZ!
          concur. automatics give people the confidence to drive. and the freedom to have one free hand and foot. and now wit lexus' self park system it gets worse. now people that cant park will feel they capable of diving because their car can do one more "difficult" task for them. most of the people i know dont prefer not to drive than to learn stick, because its "too hard" like speedybird said, people get dumb with more comforts, and its not only evident in automobiles
          We're talking about seat belts, not the differences between auto and manual trannys, and what cars do nowadays to make things easier. Youre whole statement makes no sense really. Am I to understand now that because I drive an auto tranny car, and because I have a free foot and hand, that I am overconfident of my driving? That is a rediculous statement.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I wear my seatbelt because I have a brain.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
              We're talking about seat belts, not the differences between auto and manual trannys, and what cars do nowadays to make things easier.
              It's the same discussion key off of
              Originally posted by Camaro Dom
              statistically, the overall amount of deaths has stayed the same. the number of accidents has jumped while the fatalities/injuries per accident has gone down. apparently people tend to drive more aggressively with a seatbelt and thus crash more often.

Youre whole statement makes no sense really. Am I to understand now that because I drive an auto tranny car, and because I have a free foot and hand, that I am overconfident of my driving?
              overconfident? no. likely to pay less attention, yes. (that's a broad generalization, don't take it personally)

That is a rediculous statement.
              I disagree.
              Last edited by SpeedingFirebird; 07-09-2007, 03:02 PM.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Either way... when you guys that don't wear seatbelts get ejected from your cars in a wreck make sure if your still alive or your parents try to part out you interior on here, I could use some stuff.

Comment

I always wear mine. It just doesn't feel right without it.

Rob
                  \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                    I always wear mine. It just doesn't feel right without it.

Rob

Like masterbating with your left hand, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                      Either way... when you guys that don't wear seatbelts get ejected from your cars in a wreck make sure if your still alive or your parents try to part out you interior on here, I could use some stuff.
                      On the slim to no chance of that happening, I'll send it your way.

Im not a very statstical person, I do not put all my faith and belief in simply statistics. I like to incorporate real life experiences into my decision making processes. Simply put, just because I do not wear a seatbelt does not mean that if I do get into an accident, that I will be ejected from my car. With my luck, I wouldn't go thru the windshield, I would probably snap my neck with the Airbag, which is probably the likliness of anyone driving a car equipped with one.

Ive seen the effects of wearing a seatbelt, and what wearing one can do, and im my opinion, you might as well tell your loved ones that you do love them when you get in a car, because it really doesn't matter if you wear a seatbelt or not. And you can whip out all the statistical data you want, I have no patience to read it, and nor does my stepbrother, which suffered a head injury due to a seatbelt related incident on the highway heading to Great America. 16 years old at the time, life was ruined because he couldn't get out of the car, the seatbelt pinned him in. Without any way of cutting the belt, he nearly bled to death, and to this day is still debilitated beyond the point of any full recovery. He had a life geared to become an officer in the Marines, now he works at Kroger, pushing carts, with only the use of half his body and speech almost gone. Since then, I have had a major distrust with shoulder/lap seatbelts, and if I had my way, I would equip my cars with 5-point harnasses.

If you want to wear your belt, be my guest, hell, if I am in your car, I will wear it. But I have my reason not to wear one, and if something happens, I will make sure Eric gets all my interior.....of my Monte.
                      Last edited by Mogobs30th; 07-09-2007, 05:05 PM.
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird
                      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

always...

-Y87
                        Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                          Like masterbating with your left hand, right?
                          No that's nothing new. Try sitting on your hand till it's numb, then masterbate. "The Stranger"

But seriously, it just feels weird even if I'm moving the car in the driveway. Maybe it's my CDO.

Rob
                          \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Always wear mine! :)
                            Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

On the slim to no chance of that happening, I'll send it your way.

Im not a very statstical person, I do not put all my faith and belief in simply statistics. I like to incorporate real life experiences into my decision making processes. Simply put, just because I do not wear a seatbelt does not mean that if I do get into an accident, that I will be ejected from my car. With my luck, I wouldn't go thru the windshield, I would probably snap my neck with the Airbag, which is probably the likliness of anyone driving a car equipped with one.

Ive seen the effects of wearing a seatbelt, and what wearing one can do, and im my opinion, you might as well tell your loved ones that you do love them when you get in a car, because it really doesn't matter if you wear a seatbelt or not. And you can whip out all the statistical data you want, I have no patience to read it, and nor does my stepbrother, which suffered a head injury due to a seatbelt related incident on the highway heading to Great America. 16 years old at the time, life was ruined because he couldn't get out of the car, the seatbelt pinned him in. Without any way of cutting the belt, he nearly bled to death, and to this day is still debilitated beyond the point of any full recovery. He had a life geared to become an officer in the Marines, now he works at Kroger, pushing carts, with only the use of half his body and speech almost gone. Since then, I have had a major distrust with shoulder/lap seatbelts, and if I had my way, I would equip my cars with 5-point harnasses.

If you want to wear your belt, be my guest, hell, if I am in your car, I will wear it. But I have my reason not to wear one, and if something happens, I will make sure Eric gets all my interior.....of my Monte.
                              Not arguing with you in any way, and I'm sorry about your stepbrother.

I just want to add that with my side of the story, If my grandmother would have been wearing her seatbelt when the semi driver fell asleep at the wheel and hit her head on, she would still be here today. However, she was ejected through the windshield on the passenger side (my grandfather was driving, he survived).
                              2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

my point was, with conviences, people get more careless, general. i could have gone with other features, cruise control, side air bags etc. i mainly drive auto too, but my focus is driving, not eating, drinking, talking on fone, constantly playing with radio, having a dog on my lap. etc. but like you said this is about seat belts. if people were more focused on driving, less accidents would occur. my comment was not totally off topic. seat belts=safety. my comment= a cause in decrease in safety. seatbelts do not guarentee making it out alive and injury free from an accident. it is ment to prevent you from bouncing around. http://youtube.com/watch?v=dWZOzc-mb...elated&search= more times than not it reduces more damage. what makes you so sure that something worse could not have happened to your brother is he did not have his belt. you are looking at that experience very single mindedly. there is no way to prove things could have been better or worse. but the belt did keep your bro alive. every accident is diffrent, yielding diffrent results.
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=7RTLd_-Qn5k
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=-c7n87aazYo
                                now tell me what do you think of that?
                                i am not here to attack your story. i am sorry for what happenrd to your brother. i had a cousin that was driving drunk in his pickup. truck flipped. totally destroyed. he made it out alive. my best friend, he and his brother were coming home and on an intersection, a speeding car hit the passengers side, my friend was the passenger, he said if it werent for the belt he wouldnt have made it out alright.
                                Last edited by iZZZ!; 07-10-2007, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X