V6 More Economical than V8 By How Much? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V6 More Economical than V8 By How Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: V6 More Economical than V8 By How Much?

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
    BTW, and not to get off topic, but did everyone forget that this is a V6 technical board?? Or are we here to support the LS1 technical?? How bout a little support.
    God forbid we know something about another platform. Anyways, the OP was asking for a comparison b/t the 3.8 and the LS1...and when you compare one thing to another, you're supposed to draw similaries and difference between the two..not just talk about one. We wouldn't be much help to him if we all replied "We're not going to tell you anything about the LS1, but blah 3.8 blah blah"

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
      God forbid we know something about another platform. Anyways, the OP was asking for a comparison b/t the 3.8 and the LS1...and when you compare one thing to another, you're supposed to draw similaries and difference between the two..not just talk about one. We wouldn't be much help to him if we all replied "We're not going to tell you anything about the LS1, but blah 3.8 blah blah"
      Yep. The 3800 is a great engine, bulletproof, but the LS1 is just too good of a thing to pass up.
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Cheers for the advice guys... I haven't found an LS1 in my price range yet... As Mogobs30th says, there pretty popular and not that common overhere yet. Think I'll make the journey and give it a test run, base my decision on that.
        Steve

Comment

4th Gen is the only Fbody to have.
          hey now i have two thirdgens over my one fourthgen!! :D i prefer them better!!

anyway i say go for the ls1 youve got pwer mileage is about same if not better and they both abut the same depending on if its a ss,z28,t/a,formy ect. my uncle gets 26+mpg in his daily driven auto t/a and i only get around 17-19mph in my 98 camaro auto 3.8 and its daily and bone stock. but like its bee said you decide what you like and can afford

Comment

Well, I'd like to have 3 Camaros, that's a given... even a 3rd gen.

If u can afford a small block, it is the nicer choice.

Comment

Well for me, I get better gas milage in my LS1.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X