Stop Paying @ Home Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stop Paying @ Home Depot

They have that same law here in fl. Don't know what's it's called but basically like was said it allows the use of deadly force if your life is in danger.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I was talking to my wife about this (yeah, gotta talk to her sometime), and she was saying they have the same kinda thing at work. She work's at Lowe's. She says they have a wall nicknamed the feel & steal wall. It's a display of all the cordless stuff, so you can pick it up and see what it feels like before you buy it, or run out the front door with it.

I would love to live in a world where you could beat the poop out of a criminal, and get away with it. I think I'll be a cop, they get to beat criminals, right?

Rob
      \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
        I would love to live in a world where you could beat the poop out of a criminal, and get away with it. I think I'll be a cop, they get to beat criminals, right?

Rob
        That would be a cop in Russia, if you do it here you better hope that there's no evidence otherwise you'll go down harder then any criminals ever did for doing what's right. Amazes me in this country how we can let the criminals go and the people that helped get stiff penalties. Just one more thing to support the fact that this country is becoming sissified, that should be a word if it isn't.
        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
          That would be a cop in Russia, if you do it here you better hope that there's no evidence otherwise you'll go down harder then any criminals ever did for doing what's right. Amazes me in this country how we can let the criminals go and the people that helped get stiff penalties. Just one more thing to support the fact that this country is becoming sissified, that should be a word if it isn't.
          very true. we have to protect the rights of the people who dont respect ours... bastards taking advantage of the system! and somehow a good amount of america buys in to this crap.

there was a thread somewhere about a mom and pop convience store that was being held up at gunpoint, and the old lady and her husband shot the guys in the head.. they had a sign on the front door saying something along the lines of "good guys-1, thieves-0" i wish i still had the link!

Originally posted by fireballs
          This is awesome, i'm gonna find myself a theiving friend and get him to steal me all sorts of ****.. (i can't do it myself cuz i have the worst luck when it comes to doing something illegal)
          um, no you dont... i win i think.
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by 99pewterv6
            Why cant there be laws that allow business to catch/tackle someone they know is stealing without the threat of the thief being able to sue.
            Like here in Oklahoma and some other states there is a law called the 'make my day law' is says that "People who use deadly force to protect themselves in their homes cannot be prosecuted". I think in Colorado that law was extended to businesses as well.

there is... its called the merchants detainment law..... but the company has to be 100% sure it is their merchandise
            basiclly retail companies have these steps in general, ive worked for a couple and they are almost the exact same
            1, the officer must see the subject approach the item
            2, the officer must see the subject select the item
            3, the officer must see the subject conceal or secret the item
            4, the officer must keep continual surveillance of the subject
            5 the officer must wait for the subject to exit the store

..... with those steps theres 100% w/o a doubt the merchandise is the property of the store... but say, ur a salesman, and ur walking around, and u see a person with a mp3 player... u see him cut the package open and put the mp3 player into his pocket and dump the pacakge.... yeah 99.99% chance the item is the property of the store ur working for, but you did not see him select it off the shelf.... there is that .01 % chance he could have walked in with that item or already purchased the item and walked back to shop for more, say batteries for the item....... the decision to be made to GUESS if its the stores property or the custmors should never be made..... you need to know 100% , hence the steps...... if u walked into a store with your own merchandise and then put it into ur pocket and when u left the store stopped u, physical or not, u have a major lawsuit in ur hands and could get thousands if not millions of dollars for a false arrest... its a risk retal store are rilling to take for the losses... they would rather lose 100 mp3 player than risk an employee not following the proper steps and having a bad arrest..... this is the UNITED STATES in case u didnt notice, where the law is always on the BAD GUYS side.........
            Last edited by Big Tymer; 06-13-2007, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X