Stop Paying @ Home Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Paying @ Home Depot

This is great. I wonder if they help you load it in your car also.

http://www.local6.com/money/13452152/detail.html

Rob
    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Re: Stop Paying @ Home Depot

Shopping spree.

Comment

I understand the reasoning for those policies, avoids litigation against the company if they are oblivious. It's just sad that people are essentially useless to do anything right.
      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

wish i had a home depot near...:D

Comment

(come on dom... keep repeating... i'm an honest man, i'm an honest man, i'm an honest man, i'm an honest man, i'm an hon... *uck it)

I'm off to get some power tools, who's with me?
          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

I've bought enough from them. They owe me!
            2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
              Shopping spree.
              yea, all you would need to do is pull up to the store and make sure to slap some duct tape on your license plate...hell, you could get the duct tape while you're "shopping"

Comment

WOW... when I see someone a kroger steal something I just laugh and move out of the way. I've tackled someone before and found out that it wasn't worth 8 bux an hour to get in a fight.
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

LOTS of stores have this policy. Their annual shrink is less than the price of a lawsuit.

If a store employee accuses someone of stealing and the haven't, the company can get sued for big $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinking13x
                    LOTS of stores have this policy. Their annual shrink is less than the price of a lawsuit.
                    Well all they do is raise the prices. It all evens out. The people that pay, get to pay more.

Rob
                    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

This is awesome, i'm gonna find myself a theiving friend and get him to steal me all sorts of ****.. (i can't do it myself cuz i have the worst luck when it comes to doing something illegal)

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                      R.I.P. '07 Pats
                      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

i agree 100% with thier policy... there is a loss prevention department for that.... ALL lp departments in all major retail stores have certain policies that need to be followed in order for a case to be 100% winnable in court.... thier policies are there for a reason. a bad stop can result in millions lost. i work lp so i think thats why i understand the reason for the firing.... also theres a home depot directly next door to where i work.... i have seen many shoplifters doing "grab and runs" out of the fireexit doors. home depot gets hit A LOT... sad thing is... home depot DOES have a lp department, but they have one person per few stores.... so u have a better chance of the person not even being there if u do try to steal, but the DO have an lp department....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer
                          i agree 100% with thier policy... there is a loss prevention department for that.... ALL lp departments in all major retail stores have certain policies that need to be followed in order for a case to be 100% winnable in court.... thier policies are there for a reason. a bad stop can result in millions lost. i work lp so i think thats why i understand the reason for the firing.... also theres a home depot directly next door to where i work.... i have seen many shoplifters doing "grab and runs" out of the fireexit doors. home depot gets hit A LOT... sad thing is... home depot DOES have a lp department, but they have one person per few stores.... so u have a better chance of the person not even being there if u do try to steal, but the DO have an lp department....
                          Wow, I'm assuming you didn't read the article. They might have a LP person, for cameras and the beepie thing at the doors, but it says in the article that they can't call the police. It's like don't ask don't tell.

Rob

Comment

Why cant there be laws that allow business to catch/tackle someone they know is stealing without the threat of the thief being able to sue.
                            Like here in Oklahoma and some other states there is a law called the 'make my day law' is says that "People who use deadly force to protect themselves in their homes cannot be prosecuted". I think in Colorado that law was extended to businesses as well.
                            Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 99pewterv6
                              Why cant there be laws that allow business to catch/tackle someone they know is stealing without the threat of the thief being able to sue.
                              Like here in Oklahoma and some other states there is a law called the 'make my day law' is says that "People who use deadly force to protect themselves in their homes cannot be prosecuted". I think in Colorado that law was extended to businesses as well.
                              That. Is awesome I think i love the name more than anything else

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                              R.I.P. '07 Pats
                              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X