09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Re: headache remedies?

Originally posted by kala
      Well, it's got a head!

:)
      haha but when ur d*ck has a "head ache" u usually need to see a doctor...
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

For me, the cure all for any headache is either BC powder or GOODY'S Headache Powder. Both are fast acting and the only things that helps me when I get them.

Comment

You could always go see a doctor and get some lyticane patches. I hear they work wonders on migraines.

Comment

Originally posted by silvachris1
            My sister gets migranes all the time. Contrary to the above post, her perscription medicine contains a decent amount of caffine. The sugar might cause some problems, but the caffine helps. Either way, talk to your doctor and ask about perscription meds. She takes a medicine called "Esgic". It works wonders, I've had to use them a time or two. I've went from having the worst brain pain ever, feeling like I'm gonna barf (or having already barfed), and not being able to keep my eyes open in a dark room, to awake and fine 15 minutes later, eating and out in the sun. All after taking just 1 of those pills. I'm not reccomending that you take somebody elses perscription meds or anything, but you know how painful those migraines get. Ask your doctor about it, especially if they're that common.

My sis has what "they" call TMJ headaches, and she grinds her teeth in her sleep. So all that with the migraines too, se needed something. Go visit your doctor.
            My gf says I grind my teeth in my sleep as well. I guess this is something I should follow up on.

My headaches also often cause queeziness. I feel like I want to throw up with about half of the headaches I get.

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
              My family has a history of migraines and I know first hand that they can be killer. I've thrown up and such from them. The best thing I can tell you is to go to a doctor and they can prescribe you something. Otherwise the best thing to do are as follows....

Drink caffiene or coffee
              Take asperin
              Turn off the lights and find a dark place
              Take deep breaths and relax by lying down
              Rub your neck and head with your fingertips
              Turn on soft music or no sound at all

A few things that my doctor reccomended to me were as follows:

Find what causes the headaches...
              -Stress (physical or mental) = so relax and don't push yourself (breaks are key)
              -Sleep = Good sleep can make a huge difference... make sure you sleep good at night
              -Caffiene = can help cure or can cause... you must find which it is
              -Bright lights = stay away
              -Allergies = Try to keep healthy
              -Food = Some foods can cause headaches so drink lots of water and eat plenty of fruit
              Apples tend to be a great way to keep headaches away... Try one every morning with a glass of water

Don't ignore the headache signs
              -Stress will lead to a headache so remember to calm down
              -Healthy diet will help you so pay attention to everything you eat and how it will effect you
              -Sinus pain is a sign to take asperin quick
              -Pain relievers help but don't get the cheap kind (not as strong)
              -Don't ignore the headache but always think about it and know it can happen that way you will know when to take a break from study or work and know when you eat or not to eat something

Simple tricks that might work:
              -Grape juices help ease migraines
              -Jalapeno's help clear sinus headaches
              -Exercising will help the body with pain and reduce headaches
              -Peppermints
              -Candle scents
              -Lots of water
              -Deep breathing exercise
              -Ben-Gay on the neck
              -Tea (with sugar or without)
              Thanks for the crazy amount of info and tips. I'm not a big caffeine person as I don't regularly drink coffee/tea, nor do I often drink coke. Although for a while I would take an extra-strength tylenol with a coke and my headache would go away within 20 minutes. This doesn't seem to work anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 02xcamaro
                i was just reading a magazine today about headaches... and you know what they say helps them...

having sex.

there u go.
                sex? Never heard of it...can you get that at the pharmacy? lol

j/k!

I talked to my gf and it didn't go over well with her. Maybe I'll ask my doctor if I can get a prescription for that.

Comment

honestly I think a major part of it is my diet. I'm going to make an effort to eat breakfast every morning from now on. I also have a problem with sleep as I deliver newspapers and I usually sleep from 12-4am and then go back to bed from 7am-10. I get a decent 7 hours but its broken up. But I'm moving away from home for grad school this fall, which means no more newspapers and a chance to start fresh with better eating habits.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X