Shooting at VA Tech!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shooting at VA Tech!?

To add to my post. I work on a community college campus that's about 60-75 acres. To inform the 6000 people here at once would be a logistical nightmare. It would incite panic, chaos and god know how much extra trouble it could start. A mass communication system across large campuses may be the only way to get order.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

They didn't have any reason to believe there would be a second shooting. Plus, what are you going to do? Try to keep people in place sure, but there are too many people coming and going in all directions at that time of the day.

Comment

I would like to keep this thread clean of all politcal BS and keep it to mourning the victims of what happened and mild discussion. Leave the political stuff for another thread for the future, this is not the time for it.
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado
        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

I watched some of it on the news earlier in the day. Did they ever reveal any information about the guy? I heard he chained the doors shut so they couldn't get out... that's horrible.

Did the guy attend college there?
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

sad, just sad. you cant even go to ****ing school without worrying about pieces of **** ruining your life anymore. i hope he rots in hell.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

**** happens. it sad. I pray for the families.

people kill just cause. its not some far out there thing for people to kill. could have killed his ex, realized he's already in it deep, or maybe was still angry and decided to take a few douche bags with him. personally, from the rumors on the news, I think it was pretty thought out. Just remember, these are the people we walk among every day. talk to on the Internet, etc.

like I said, sad :(
              Last edited by BLLDOGG; 04-16-2007, 11:23 PM.
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

stuff like this just freaks me out. just last week, someone went postal at an accounting firm locally and killed like 5 people b4 he killed himself cuz he got laid off or w/e... i wanna get a pistol as soon as i turn 21 cuz i just dont feel safe anymore. Schools are supposed to be places where you're safe. Drunken fights aside, schools arent the place where you should have to worry for your safety.

my thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of all those who were involved. Senseless killing of so many young kids... i'm shocked. I'm truely shaken to my core...

we mock those suicide bombers in the middle east but i guess we dont consider that it seems as of lately, our country is putting out just as many of them... except those bombers are once and done... our guys chain the fuc*in' doors shut.
                2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

he took 32 lives with him because he couldnt handle the pressures of his own? thats despicable :(

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
                    he took 32 lives with him because he couldnt handle the pressures of his own? thats despicable :(
                    exactly... if you're going to take your own life (you shouldnt), dont take innocent people with bright, happy futures down with you... their lives dont deserve to be cut short because you cant cope, and want attention
                    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

I found out last night that a girl I know was suppose to be in norris around that time, but she skipped class. Thank god. So far everyone I know is safe. It's crazy thinking about being on the 4th floor of AJ or being in class at norris.

Comment

did you guys hear about what one of the professors did. He was a holocoust survivor. The douchebag shooter was at the door and the professor went to block the door while all his students went out the window. The guy shot him through the door. Thats so bad...this professor can survive the holocaust but a stupid screwed up douchebag can kill him in a split second.

Comment

Originally posted by th3shuck
                          did you guys hear about what one of the professors did. He was a holocoust survivor. The douchebag shooter was at the door and the professor went to block the door while all his students went out the window. The guy shot him through the door. Thats so bad...this professor can survive the holocaust but a stupid screwed up douchebag can kill him in a split second.
                          A Holocaust survivor??? Either he was a baby during the Holocaust.... or he should have retired many years ago, or both. Either way, that rocks that he did that. Very brave. I am sure he will be honored for such an amazing thing.

Comment

from VA Tech policies..... http://www.policies.vt.edu/5616.pdf

2.2 Prohibition of Weapons
                            The university’s employees, students, and volunteers, or any visitor or other third party attending a sporting,
                            entertainment, or educational event, or visiting an academic or administrative office building or residence hall, are
                            further prohibited from carrying, maintaining, or storing a firearm or weapon on any university facility, even if the
                            Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Policy 5616
                            Revision: 1 August 23, 2005
                            Campus and Workplace Violence Prevention Policy Page 3 of 7
                            owner has a valid permit, when it is not required by the individual’s job, or in accordance with the relevant
                            University Student Life Policies.
                            Any such individual who is reported or discovered to possess a firearm or weapon on university property will be
                            asked to remove it immediately. Failure to comply may result in a student judicial referral and/or arrest, or an
                            employee disciplinary action and/or arrest.

I wonder how many would have died if there one student/mbr of faculty that had decided to violate this policy for that one day......
                            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                            94 comero 3.4

Comment

At least more colleges will band together to make every university safer. I know University of Kentucky and surrounding schools are meeting with governor to talk about this and how to prevent. It really sucks that it takes this to happen first, but atleast the killer is dead. Only thing better would have been to have him hung from a tree in campus so everyone could spit on him the way to class. I get so pissed off when people decide that they own the lives of other people they don't even know.
                              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

A letter from the prez at the CC I work at. I blocked out names sorry.

Dear Family,

As the horrific events unfold at Virginia Tech, our hearts and prayers go out to the students, faculty, and staff -- and their families. To see such sorrow descend upon an institution of higher education is difficult for all of us to watch, let alone comprehend.

Our nation's colleges and universities -- including here -- are open environments, with open buildings and open access most of the day and evening. But the safety of our students, employees, and visitors still must be uppermost in our minds. That's why several years ago we changed all of the phone systems so that if "911" is dialed from any phone at any location, the exact room is pinpointed for emergency officials. We have the blue code phones located throughout our campuses for quick access in case of an emergency. And since September of 2001, we have has had an Emergency Response Team (ERT), that meets and plans for all kinds of emergency situations ... from hurricanes to campus violence. In cooperation with County's Emergency Team, the ERT has conducted simulated "crisis events" in order to test and improve our effectiveness in dealing with a variety of emergencies. And at their April meeting, they will discuss any lessons that can be learned from what has transpired at Virginia Tech for possible application here.

Also, we are grateful for the presence and performance of the men and women of our Security Team. They are a highly visible reminder that assistance and safety is at hand.

Finally, as we've seen all too frequently over the past decade, all the precautions in the world cannot necessarily prevent a horrific tragedy such as Columbine's or Virginia Tech's. Aberrant behavior happens. We should all look out for each other -- and our students -- and be mindful of anything out of the ordinary. Do not hesitate to sound an alert to keep both our College and our community safe.

Like you, I am deeply touched by what all of our Virginia Tech counterparts are experiencing. I know you will continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Just to give you some idea as to the impact this has had not just at VT but all over the country.
                                Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X