Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I gotta sell the Firebird

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
    She is right, my main concern is gas, food, and meds. I MUST have my meds, or I will lose everything. And without insurance, my meds total add up to $150 a month. As for my housing, I am covered, pretty good guy that has helped me out more than my parents have in many years. So with my housing out of the way, my main concerns are gas and food. Gotta eat and get to training.

Between everyone here, and going to school, I feel alot better. I get in a depressive state when I sit around here all the time, so school is something I look forward to everyday.
    I is smart :) lol

Originally posted by Fireball27
    Why has it been so difficult to get a job... are potential employers scared off by your medical condition?
    I think some of them might be just due to seeing that he lost work before due to this. But we are working on the 'bad mouthing from previous employer theory' My mom is going to play the lady looking to hire Wes and call his old empolyer and see what they say. There are laws as to what they are and are not allowed to say. If they say the wrong thing to her he can take them to court :) Yay, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Belle
      I see it says in you are in Elgin.... return the karma :) find Wes a job Anyone live in or around Chicago? Hook Wes up with a job!
      I'm not sure how much I can do, I'll keep an eye out though, I got a job doing IT help desk stuff in Downers Grove....40 mins away, but the pay is something that hopefully will start to straighten things out. anything in particular you want me looking for, or is it "Just anything" (except the obvious)

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Meteor
        I'm not sure how much I can do, I'll keep an eye out though, I got a job doing IT help desk stuff in Downers Grove....40 mins away, but the pay is something that hopefully will start to straighten things out. anything in particular you want me looking for, or is it "Just anything" (except the obvious)
        I'd say anything you can hook him up with. You know, people who will listen to a recomendation from you instead of just making him jump through hoops and ladders.

Comment

I think some of them might be just due to seeing that he lost work before due to this. But we are working on the 'bad mouthing from previous employer theory' My mom is going to play the lady looking to hire Wes and call his old empolyer and see what they say. There are laws as to what they are and are not allowed to say. If they say the wrong thing to her he can take them to court :) Yay, lol
          I was thinking the same. I know here what employers can say is limited, and the last two places i worked at had *company policys that would only allow them to tell other places 1. That yes you did work there and 2. When and for how long.

..and hey, if you can sue those bastards theres some money right there :cool:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

The theory was tested, and while they aren't saying anything illegal or anything that they can be sued for.... they are definitely saying something that will negatively influence Wes's chance of getting a job.

Comment

The theory was tested, and while they aren't saying anything illegal or anything that they can be sued for.... they are definitely saying something that will negatively influence Wes's chance of getting a job.
              Sucks... it'd probably be a good idea not to even bother putting them down as a reference if you can avoid it..

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats
              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Yea but he worked there for quite a while, so if he doesn't put it down, then there is just a big gap for the past year and a half which will probably look just as bad to many prospective employers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X