exhibition of acceleration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: exhibition of acceleration?

Oh yeah they give out tickets. They only count toward your driving on post "privilege" They think that MP stands for My Post.

I almost got one one time for not yielding to his flashing lights. He just got done pulling someone over, and tried to make a U turn in a driveway of the WO Club, well when he overshot it and tried to back up I was driving by. He gave me a speech about emergency lights, and I asked why he still had them on after his call was over, and if it was legal to make a U turn there anyway. I got what he called a warning, nothing on paper.

Rob
    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

heh, I thought military were almost immune to civilian cops when speeding and petty stuff like that... ???
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

They make up stupid stuff just so the cops can pull us over. I pulled over today and a cop pulled up beside me. I pulled into an empty parking lot cuz I had to make a phone call. The cop pulled up and knocked on my window saying I was loitering?!? He asked what I was doing, and I said I thought it would be better to pull over and make the call then to drive through the rain at 10:30 pm trying to talk on my cell. He agreed and let me go.
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
          They make up stupid stuff just so the cops can pull us over. I pulled over today and a cop pulled up beside me. I pulled into an empty parking lot cuz I had to make a phone call. The cop pulled up and knocked on my window saying I was loitering?!? He asked what I was doing, and I said I thought it would be better to pull over and make the call then to drive through the rain at 10:30 pm trying to talk on my cell. He agreed and let me go.
          Wow... small town? They're usually the worse.

Where i work (in Cupertino) its a bit like that. The Sheriffs department is down the street from the hotel and i see white cruisers all the time pulling people over (including me). Where i live tho (specifically: on the top of a hill) there aren't any cops, because i'm in an unincorporated part of san jose so the SJPD won't come, and the Sheriffs are reluctant cuz they're miiiiiles away :)
          Down the bottom there are lots of cops, but its seems the SJPD are too busy thanking their lucky stars they don't work in Oakland to bother normal civilians.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

some of your guys sound soooo pitiful! The cops are so mean and just pick on you guys. :cry:
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
              some of your guys sound soooo pitiful! The cops are so mean and just pick on you guys. :cry:
              Especially when a good buddy and you are just enjoying a nice smoke, hot boxing the COMERO.

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                soo...umm... yea... how bad is an exhibition of acceleration ticket compared to a no insurance? :( :(
                well... combined they paint a picture of the worst sort of negligence.

i read somewhere that texas has a fine for failure to show proof of financial responsibility - $175 to $350 for the first offense.

i did a quick google search and found this "fine information" webpage for the city of Plano (december 2005) http://www.plano.gov/Departments/Mun.../fine_info.htm
                which states $262 for the first offense... which is the same fine as a failure to vaccinate your animal... texas has some weird laws, but the same can be said for california.

if you are still making payments on your car and the loan company finds out your insurance has lapsed, they'll be sweet enough to give you forced coverage for the time period you were without insurance. that forced coverage can get pricey - that is what i would worry about.

Comment

I just got lucky. I got pulled yesterday. I was doing 65 in a 55 and when he checked my tint it showed 29%. He said the law was 35% and they will give you 3% so your ok at 32%. He told me to slow it down and that was it, not even a written warnning.:banana:
                  2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

heh, I thought military were almost immune to civilian cops when speeding and petty stuff like that... ???
                    It depends on the cop, it just takes a uniform and some creativity. But military, on post, you won't get any slack at all, unless you know the MP, and then maybe.

Rob
                    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

NOBODY was around on the street!! I pulled out, hit some water and did a little fish tail but dammit, I stayed in the turning lane
                      In Virginia, "fishtailing" goes under "failure to maintain control of the vehicle," which goes under "reckless driving". Therefore, he shoulda given you a reckless driving ticket, so quit your crying.

Exhibition of Acceleration is used by most PD's b/c when people shoot out like that, they're doing it just for fun...hence the "Exhibition" part of "Exhibition of Acceleration." The problem then becomes because you're just having fun, you're not as attentive to the road as you should be...someone coulda ran a red light, there could be a broken down car over the hill, etc etc
                      Last edited by Smoke Panther; 02-05-2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                        It depends on the cop, it just takes a uniform and some creativity.
                        What, like Burt Reynalds in Speed Zone?

Random question, but how do they check the tint?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                        R.I.P. '07 Pats
                        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

They have a meter they slip over your window. One side shines a light and the other side is a light meter.
                          2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

(bringing back this thread)

How should I plead to no insurance?
                            How can I possibly stand a chance of fighting it?
                            I'm gonna probably just plead no contest
                            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I thought exhibition of acceleration was reving the engine real loud. Maybe that was exhibition of intent to accelerate or something...
                              2002 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Monsoon stereo with T-Tops

Comment

If they think you're exhaust is to loud they will just give you a ticket for Disturbing the peace, or excessive noise. They almost gave me the noise thing added on to my ticket for doing a burnout because the tires were making quite the noise. Dad also had a ticket like that in his '74 Z28.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X