the final verdict...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the final verdict...

well i've decided what im going to do with my 83 bird i plan to build...im taking my 350 tpi out of my 87 gta and gonna rebuild it and put a 400 crank in it and a good cam and some headers and a good carb... thoughts? ideas? brand of parts i should use??

Re: the final verdict...

stroke it!!!:banana:

Comment

thats what i plan to do! :) i cant wait! so what about the cam and headers? what type and brands should i use?

Comment

honestly, when it comes to cams, im pretty much clueless... but ive heard comp cams are good :tup: and for headers...go hooker, they are pretty good

Comment

is this a street car strip mix auto/stick , planning single plain or dual plain intake gears?

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
            well i've decided what im going to do with my 83 bird i plan to build...im taking my 350 tpi out of my 87 gta and gonna rebuild it and put a 400 crank in it and a good cam and some headers and a good carb... thoughts? ideas? brand of parts i should use??

383 FTW!!!! I suggest going here: http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/engine-swap/

and do a search on 383, and sit back amazed on the threads that will come up.

also, what tranny are you gonna put behind the beast?, as a stock/mild hopped up one will die a gruesome death.
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

My dad had a Vega with a 383, auto and a 4.88 posi. I think his best time was 6.44 @ 109 on the 1/8 mile. He raced that engine for a long time with no problems.
              2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

i shoulda specified that a 7004r will die a horrible death.
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

I'm bad. My dad's was a 377, 400 block and a 350 crank and rods. It was a long time ago. But dad broke the #3 rod twice just trying to work the bugs out this was a 400. So he used a 350 crank and rods and had a lot of fun. just before he quit racing he had it on a dyno 610HP not bad for NA. He had heart trouble and could not race so for the last 15 years he has been into airboats.
                  2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

Originally posted by auto666
                    is this a street car strip mix auto/stick , planning single plain or dual plain intake gears?
                    street car definatly! i gotta have somthing to impress people with:naughty: and as far as dual or plain intake gears go...whats that? ive never heard of it lol ...im not a know all parts kinda guy and i plan to go auto if not the 700r4 what tranny should i get? is there anything i could do to the 700r4 to make it last with the 383?
                    Last edited by 96greenmachine; 02-03-2007, 09:19 AM.

Comment

there are build ups, but for a 383 I'd go w/a TH400, bullet proof. The single/dual plane referes to teh intake manifold. Usually single planes are for the racing/ street strip cars, and dual for mainly street. The single plane will give you more high end response, the duall will give you more grunt down low. Gears: 2.73's, 3.23? If this is going to be a street driver you don't want to go too big or the rpm's will be out the roof.... however, if you go auto and big gears, get agear vendors unit, that'll let you have the overdrive for highway use.
                      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

yeah i want it to be quick at the track and good for the street too so im open on any combo of setups for both street/track... possible to get 12's and still drive as a street car? but if it came to a choice of setup ide rather it be better for street cuz im probly gonna drive it more on the road then track

Comment

sounds like an edelcrotch rpm type of manifold or equiv
                          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
                            yeah i want it to be quick at the track and good for the street too so im open on any combo of setups for both street/track... possible to get 12's and still drive as a street car? but if it came to a choice of setup ide rather it be better for street cuz im probly gonna drive it more on the road then track
                            well, considering that the corvette is a 11.5 second car...ya, 12 is street-able (just don't go too crazy on the cam);)

Comment

edelbrock rpm intake would be a good choice 2500 rpm stall converter 750cfm carb and around 265/260 @.500 for a cam i cant recommend any heads but make sure that the flow numbers are with a valve in i know its stupid but some companys do it to trick you into buying there heads have fun edit: the corvette also uses alot of technoligy that he isnt like fuel injection and dual breathing system
                              Last edited by auto666; 02-03-2007, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X