Race Question??? -- Not sure if right Section - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Race Question??? -- Not sure if right Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Race Question??? -- Not sure if right Section

youngsc: It's perfectly streetable, no problems with driveability at all, 3000 is pretty low really. I've just had it idle tuned with my cam and it drives very well.

Before the cam I ran this converter for over 50k miles, I even drove it around in the snow a little.

After I get it tuned, I'll see how it shifts with the current stall setup. I won't really be able to tell how it gets into the powerband until I get torque management turned off. That damn torque management really keeps the RPM down after shifting. If you're going to get a cam then a torque converter, make sure it's stalled high enough to REALLY take advantage of the cam: I'm thinking 3000 is a little on the low side. You could probably go with at least 3500 and still be streetable. Research that in drivetrain though, I'm not 100% sure.

Good luck with your cam.
    Last edited by Camarorulz; 12-15-2006, 02:34 PM.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X