Race Question??? -- Not sure if right Section - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Race Question??? -- Not sure if right Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Question??? -- Not sure if right Section

im not sure where to post this so im just doing it in the general section....

friday night im draggn a stock acura rsx type S M6...
    my only mod is my loudmouth catback for now...

im feeling pretty confident im going to win but i want to raise the stakes alittle more....whats ur guys opinion

Re: Race Question??? -- Not sure if right Section

take all the weight off it you can. Power numbers are fairly close but he's got a lot less weight than you.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

yea i kno but his torque is really low...like at about 140 while ares is what 225

Comment

You have a manual or auto? Depending on your rear gear and how much you launch it that will take you to probably 1/8th or a little less before he starts catching. If he can't shift worth a crap that would be an advantage to you.

Comment

i have auto....
          and hes fairly new to stick so i think i will def have the upperhand

Comment

Not sure about manuals but stock I can launch my auto around 1800-2000 so aim for that, shift quick and hold on. Best of luck

Comment

so im guessn with ur auto u shift down to 1....power break up to 2000ish then launch i usally shift to second at liek 4300 4500.....is that what ur sayin

Comment

I hate shifting so I sure as hell don't want to do it in an auto. I keep in drive, still starts in 1st and I don't have to shift it through, power brake it to 2000 and let er rip. Not worried about the low rev launch cause I got the 3.42's and LSD already so that helps. All I have done right now is the air silencer eliminated so I def have some room for improvement. New 3000 stall TC would help a lot but I'd rather focus on exhaust and cam soon.

Comment

yea i was lookn at gettn a LSD but i was thinkin 4.10s...do u think thats wise or not....and u just completely lost with with this 3000 stalled TC

Comment

Originally posted by J1Avs
                    ....and u just completely lost with with this 3000 stalled TC
                    Don't understand? 'splain yourself. That would certainly help more than a stock 1800.

4.10's would be good depends on who you ask and what kind of driving your doing but best thing you can do is a lot of research. If it's something that's going to be on your car for a while make sure you really want or need it.

Comment

yea sorry i dont understand what u mean by the 3000 stall TC...what is that

Comment

oh. it's basicaly LIKE a clutch for autos it transfers the power from the motor to the trans. Basically the stall in simple terms, and I know someone will correct me, would be when you put your foot on the brake how high you can rev it before the back tires break free. I know a lot about vehicles and understand them greatly but for some reason auto transmissions are beyond my realm of understanding so I have to think and speak in basic terms with it.
                        Last edited by youngsc; 12-15-2006, 02:22 PM.

Comment

oo alrite i got you....so with thr 3000 u can rev up to liek 2500 without having to worry about burning out...and ull be able to launch much cleaner

Comment

hopefully at 3k with a 3k TC. It's nice to launch at 2k but 3k could be so much more. I just need more power and harder launches and I'll be happy.

Comment

hahaha yea same....my only mod now is the slp loudmouth and i just got today my k&n intake which is my xmas presnet....im prob going to get headers, cat, gears and lsd soon as well....hopefully ill have some more power.....i want to get a new cam shaft but everyone is telln me the installation iss way to mch and i can get so many more things with the money

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X