Race Question??? -- Not sure if right Section - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Race Question??? -- Not sure if right Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Question??? -- Not sure if right Section

im not sure where to post this so im just doing it in the general section....

friday night im draggn a stock acura rsx type S M6...
    my only mod is my loudmouth catback for now...

im feeling pretty confident im going to win but i want to raise the stakes alittle more....whats ur guys opinion

Re: Race Question??? -- Not sure if right Section

take all the weight off it you can. Power numbers are fairly close but he's got a lot less weight than you.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

yea i kno but his torque is really low...like at about 140 while ares is what 225

Comment

You have a manual or auto? Depending on your rear gear and how much you launch it that will take you to probably 1/8th or a little less before he starts catching. If he can't shift worth a crap that would be an advantage to you.

Comment

i have auto....
          and hes fairly new to stick so i think i will def have the upperhand

Comment

Not sure about manuals but stock I can launch my auto around 1800-2000 so aim for that, shift quick and hold on. Best of luck

Comment

so im guessn with ur auto u shift down to 1....power break up to 2000ish then launch i usally shift to second at liek 4300 4500.....is that what ur sayin

Comment

I hate shifting so I sure as hell don't want to do it in an auto. I keep in drive, still starts in 1st and I don't have to shift it through, power brake it to 2000 and let er rip. Not worried about the low rev launch cause I got the 3.42's and LSD already so that helps. All I have done right now is the air silencer eliminated so I def have some room for improvement. New 3000 stall TC would help a lot but I'd rather focus on exhaust and cam soon.

Comment

yea i was lookn at gettn a LSD but i was thinkin 4.10s...do u think thats wise or not....and u just completely lost with with this 3000 stalled TC

Comment

Originally posted by J1Avs
                    ....and u just completely lost with with this 3000 stalled TC
                    Don't understand? 'splain yourself. That would certainly help more than a stock 1800.

4.10's would be good depends on who you ask and what kind of driving your doing but best thing you can do is a lot of research. If it's something that's going to be on your car for a while make sure you really want or need it.

Comment

yea sorry i dont understand what u mean by the 3000 stall TC...what is that

Comment

oh. it's basicaly LIKE a clutch for autos it transfers the power from the motor to the trans. Basically the stall in simple terms, and I know someone will correct me, would be when you put your foot on the brake how high you can rev it before the back tires break free. I know a lot about vehicles and understand them greatly but for some reason auto transmissions are beyond my realm of understanding so I have to think and speak in basic terms with it.
                        Last edited by youngsc; 12-15-2006, 02:22 PM.

Comment

oo alrite i got you....so with thr 3000 u can rev up to liek 2500 without having to worry about burning out...and ull be able to launch much cleaner

Comment

hopefully at 3k with a 3k TC. It's nice to launch at 2k but 3k could be so much more. I just need more power and harder launches and I'll be happy.

Comment

hahaha yea same....my only mod now is the slp loudmouth and i just got today my k&n intake which is my xmas presnet....im prob going to get headers, cat, gears and lsd soon as well....hopefully ill have some more power.....i want to get a new cam shaft but everyone is telln me the installation iss way to mch and i can get so many more things with the money

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X