Running from the cops.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Domestic Violence:
    [ all those times you think you got away, you didn't, we just waited until later to catch you.
    truer words never spoken...

Comment

If I ever blow by a po-po at over 100mph, I'm putting pedal to the metal and off I go at the next exit. Until cop is right on my *** I ain't pulling over.

Comment

I have never done it, and never plan to, but I did get a ticket for going 60 in a 55 on my way home from my grandparents, and for going 30 in a 25. Tickets both times, and I was nice as pie to those jackasses, no offense Ian or DV.

If a cop is going to waste someone's time pulling them over for going five over max, then I feel there is no reason to take a sidestreet and ditch them.

My friend and I were going 32 in a 25 once and we saw the cop SLAM on his brakes and I saw him turn his wheel around. Told my friend to pull into my cousin's driveway half block away, end of subject.

However, if you're speeding anythnig over tem, don't complain or run.
        Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

I think most of the time its different where you live. I was talking to a cop the other night. His friend that was with him used to have a 3.8l camaro he used to be on this board. Anyway i started to ask the cop questions. He was off duty in his truck. I asked him is it possible to ever outrun the radio. He said "in bigger cities its really hard to do but around here where theres 2 town cops at night and 1 deputy along with 1 state trooper its easy as hell to outrun the radio". "If a car blows past me doing 100+ il pull out and turn on my lights because thats all i will be able to do il never catch them if im sitting still." Ive never had to run from the cops yet but one night i did see brake lights when i was leaving town doing 45 in a 25 i turned off that road real quick. the 25 turned to 45 on top of the hill. Thats the closest ive came to running from the cops.
          1994 Arctic White Camaro T-Tops(all options except leather)<br />80 Series Flowmaster Muffler<br />Ebay Cold Air Intake<br />Earthquake in the back known as a Kicker Solo Baric 15 L7<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun</a>

Comment

I was driving on the freeway in cali over by Buelton, and then the freeway ended, but I didn't see the signs, and was going down a large grade.. classic speed trap. Well anyways, I was stupid and going 125 down this grade, freeway ended to a 45 I think... so nearly 3 times speedlimit isn't normally good. I guess I was going too fast for the cop to turn on his light instantly (that and he wasn't pulled to the side, he pulled onto the freeway and followed me from an onramp (guess he was sitting on top clocking people)... well yeah, 2 miles later after I slow down to a comfortable 80 he hit his lights.

I pulled over.

I'll never run, it's completely pointless. Most of the time when they hit their lights they already have back up if you're speeding or they already have enough info to get you later.

The cop was great about it, wrote me up from where he pulled me over not from where I was being stupid. 70 in a 65.. I can live with that.

I guess how I got off he asked "where are you going? How fast were you going?" I told him the truth.. cops tend to let you off easier when you don't bull**** them.
            2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
            Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

oh has those new radar guns and when they clock you you plate number shows up on a screen in there car, seen it on the news then a friend of mine uncle is a officer and he showed me how it works, hance y ohio has a front plate law and hance my car has no font plate. no i dont run from cops only been pull over 2 times ....

but the plate make my car look like crap and im not cuttin holes in my custom bumper to put it on, the car did not have plate when i got it soooo wors they can do i make me put it on lol
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                oh has those new radar guns and when they clock you you plate number shows up on a screen in there car, seen it on the news then a friend of mine uncle is a officer and he showed me how it works, hance y ohio has a front plate law and hance my car has no font plate. no i dont run from cops only been pull over 2 times ....

but the plate make my car look like crap and im not cuttin holes in my custom bumper to put it on, the car did not have plate when i got it soooo wors they can do i make me put it on lol
                If you get a ticket for it, just duct tape the plate onto the front from the back and have a cop sign off the ticket.. they don't check to see how it's secured on, just to see that it's on.
                2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
                Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

The cops around here have hopped up Crown Vics that could run circles around my V6 even with their added weight. I've had a cop come behind me on I95 and then get a call or something and flip on his lights and floor it from like 75 and he passed me like I was sitting still! So nope, no running from the cops, besides it's just not worth dying for :(
                  2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Skapimp:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by viper04af:

If you get a ticket for it, just duct tape the plate onto the front from the back and have a cop sign off the ticket.. they don't check to see how it's secured on, just to see that it's on. </font>[/QUOTE]yeah i carry the plate in the car, if you look at the pics there was never anywere to mount the plate, so it not like i removed it
                    www.turbov6camaro.com
                    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X