Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running from the cops.....

Alright whos done it and why?

I've done it on the bike a few times and twice in my car. We all know it is stupid to do but so is many other things. So whos done it and whats the story.....
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

I dont break the law in any way, shape or form.
    Past Ride
    1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
    (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

Originally posted by Shane:
      I dont break the law in any way, shape or form.
      y would when you got the twins
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I have, well I have driven past them speeding and when I saw them turn around I floored it and turned off onto another road when they couldn't see me turn. did that a few times.
        95 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/</a> <br /><br />me on a good day------&gt; <a href=\"http://communicatio.webblogg.se/images/wet_cat_113159625.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">linky</a>

Comment

I was speeding on the kalowna foating bridge when the cop turned his red lights and started to pull a U urn,So I put the medal to tha Floor and took the nearest street and parked my baby in sombodys driveway,it was dark btw!But thats the only time iam ever breaking the law again.But I got out of a speeding ticket anywho [img]smile.gif[/img]
          $Ryan$<br />95 3400 Teal Green FireBird M5<br />Mods: see link <a href=\"http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420\" target=\"_blank\">http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420</a> <br />1986 Gold Mazda B2000 ROTIP :)<br />*New*74 Moded 350 Chevy Pickup

Comment

not trying to start anything but I don't think it's wise to post this on a public forum. There was one guy who posted about beating a kid on here and he got busted. BTW running from the cops is always a bad idea.
            2004 Dodge Ram QC 2500 CTD

Comment

Especially with cops on this board....*ahem*

Comment

i have done it a couple of times. but only at night and when they are far away. i dont like to take a big risk like that
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

if they turn, i go hide.. it's that easy
                  ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Running from cops. That is beyond stupid. You put yourself at risk. Them at risk. And any innocent person who gets in the way. Someone gets injured or killed because you were stupid, you want to live with that.

Here is an example of stupid. I'm sure Ian has heard it. Two firefighters died fighting a fire caused by some dumbshyte's pot growing setup. He is now facing murder charges.

Comment

Originally posted by ABH:
                      Here is an example of stupid. I'm sure Ian has heard it. Two firefighters died fighting a fire caused by some dumbshyte's pot growing setup. He is now facing murder charges.
                      Murder charges? I'm not for home-pot-growers or anything but that's absurd. Firefighters could have just as easily died if some moron forgot their gas oven on, or didn't fix a gas leak, or put candles right next to the curtains... the only reason they're pressing charges here is because they're trying to burn the pothead. That's bull. Firefighters face death every day, for anyone to attempt to press charges for murder against the firestarter is wrong. If they didn't want to take the risk they shouldn't have become firefighters.

So now if I accidentally set fire to my house and a firefighter dies trying to put out the blaze, I can go to jail for murder? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Regarding running from the police, I was once young and stupid...

Jenn and her fellow officers in Portsmouth have heard this story many times, they enjoy it because its Virginia Beach and VA State cops that screwed up (Portsmouth and VA Beach cops hate one another).

About five years ago a buddy and I were racing down the freeway... he had an older-body-style Eclipse and I had my Firebird. This was shortly after I had been in Germany for some time and he had just moved here from Germany--both of us were still in Autobahn mode, so seeing 115 on the needle was no biggie. It was late at night on a Saturday, we were going from Norfolk to Virginia Beach. I was alone in my car, he had four people (all underage) and a 750-ml bottle of vodka.

Sure enough, we blow through the radar and see blue state trooper lights flashing... then they promptly disappear around a bend in the interstate. The cop is desperately attempting to catch up and we're both wondering who he's going to come after. Not taking that chance, we both keep going though we move toward the right, ready to exit...

Well, seems VA Beach police was out on the road and they saw us storm by at mach 3 so they took off in full pursuit too--but after him. I saw his car slow and disappear onto the shoulder so I kept going, figuring they could only catch one of us. Exit comes up, I hop on it doing probably 70-ish through the curve onto a 55-mph two-lane road southbound. I saw the red/blue lights of the beach cop pulling my buddy over but the blue-only lights of the state trooper were still coming my way.

Its about ten miles from I-264 (Norfolk-VA Beach expressway) to the North Carolina border and they're all really nice long stretches of 55-mph backroad by Oceana Naval Air Station... I've driven those roads at 70-ish before many times, but man, it was so different taking them at 110. I didn't care at the time, I had the stupid fight-or-flight thing going on and I just had to make it. Dash for the border, dash for the border...

Long story short, I made it and ended up spending four hours driving around North Carolina backroads to finally enter Virginia again in Chesapeake. The cops down in that area do NOT cooperate between juristictions.

Saddest part of it all...

When my buddy got pulled they panicked, not knowing what to do with the bottle of vodka. Not wanting to get caught with it, they chugged it (the three passengers, not the driver) and in 20 seconds flat it was gone. The beach cop walked up to his car and laughed at him and said something about how the state troopers had a chopper in the air after his buddy (me, though I never saw it). He then proceeded to write a speeding ticket for 102 in a 55 zone. No racing, no reckless, no mandatory court appearance. WTF?!? Then the cop left and let him be on his merry way, now with three slobbering drunks in the car who were asking why the hell they almost gave themselves alcohol poisoning just to get rid of the evidence. So he paid the fine a few weeks later and was done with it... Beach cops... go figure.

I met up with them a few hours later at the club we were going to down at the beach. He was worried because he saw two other troopers besides the one that was already on my heels pull off onto that exit after me. Again, I never saw them... I guess if I hadn't been exceeding the Crown Vic's top speed on bumpy backroads like that I might have, but that's why smart cops don't bother chasing down Firebirds.

Will never do it again, as stated, I was young and stupid once.

But racing on the edge of suicide was damn fun. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
                          Alright whos done it and why?

I've done it on the bike a few times and twice in my car. We all know it is stupid to do but so is many other things. So whos done it and whats the story.....
                          the last guy that ran from me is doing 7 years. the one before him is doing 22 years. i wouldn't press my luck if i were you. all those times you think you got away, you didn't, we just waited until later to catch you.

Comment

Never, as soon as I see the lights I pull it over. Once on 70 just after I got into PA I saw him sitting at the bottom of a hill and I knew he had me. Stopped before he even hit the lights.

It's stupid.

You take the risks, you take the fall, it's part of the deal. It's called personal responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Denis:
                              Never, as soon as I see the lights I pull it over. Once on 70 just after I got into PA I saw him sitting at the bottom of a hill and I knew he had me. Stopped before he even hit the lights.

It's stupid.

You take the risks, you take the fall, it's part of the deal. It's called personal responsibility.
                              I agree, I would never run - it's stupid, wrong, and you'll NEVER outrun a radio.

However, what's also stupid is pulling over before they hit the lights. You never, ever know what he might have actually thought he saw. But your pulling over said "HEY, LOOK AT ME, I WAS SPEEDING!!!" Always wait until they pull you over. You might as well admit guilt on camera.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X