How fast do you drive on interstates? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How fast do you drive on interstates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as of 3pm 2day(6/10/05) i go speed limit or slower

got my first ticket, was doin 71 in a 50

its my first so the cop sed i can take an online class so it wont hurt my record, but as god as my witness no more speeding, on the streets ne way

dont do the crime if u cant do the time
    -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

I try to keep it under 110.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjparme:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I hope you get caught and arrested for wreckless endangerment. You are retarded if you think you need to speed like that just because you are late. You could have cost other innocent drivers their lives. Think about that next time your stupid *** decides to do somthing soooo stupid like go 105 on the interstate for a solid hour.
        Maybe it will be painles when you screw up that you only kill yourself and not someone else that isn't soo retarded as you.
        :rolleyes:

Assuming there wasn't much traffic and assuming someone knows to be super alert and to scan the road a couple of hundred yards out 105 isn't dangerous.

Don't get caught up in government propaganda. Unless you are in a urban environment speed limits are more of a tax than a safety measure.
        </font>[/QUOTE]No im not getting caught up in government propaganda. I work in law enforcement and I see the aftermath of excessive speed everyday. Don't feed me this propaganda bull****. Havn't you seen enouch pictures of tragic accidents that have been posted on this site??? [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] Get a clue. [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by firebird4u99:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by TheGreenPunisher:
          I just took a trip to the state class 'A' high school softball tournament in illinois......we ended up winning it all. Pretty cool...but on topic now.

I drove 100-105 for about a solid hour because i was running about 30 minutes late...and i got there on time [img]smile.gif[/img] I dont have a radar detector or anything of the type...i was going on the hope that there was no cops...otherwise i was screwed. Whats the fastest youve maintained? I normally only go 75-80...
          I hope you get caught and arrested for wreckless endangerment. You are retarded if you think you need to speed like that just because you are late. You could have cost other innocent drivers their lives. Think about that next time your stupid *** decides to do somthing soooo stupid like go 105 on the interstate for a solid hour.
          Maybe it will be painles when you screw up that you only kill yourself and not someone else that isn't soo retarded as you. [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
          </font>[/QUOTE]Actually, someone who is going faster is much more alert then someone who is strolling along at 65. If he's doing 105 and passing people without slowing down, then yea hes a moron. But if hes the only car on the road between packs, then slows down to pass slower traffic, he's not endangering anyone.

I normally cruise around 80-90. The fastest I've cruised was around 99. One time, I was on I95 traveling up the east coast and was the only car on the road for about 2 hours. The other times have been on Alligator alley, for those of you who don't know, it's about a 60 mile stretch between the east and west coast of FL, it has like 1 exit.
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

If im on a road like I-95 or I-4 (late when theres NO traffic of course) 135-140. Thats with good music, barely any traffic and my radar detector is going balistic and only for a few minutes. Usually 90-105... nothing like pulling 3000 RPMS with an exhaust. :D camaro_speedmon is right. Im WAY WAY WAY more alert going 100+ than putting at 65.
            1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

The fastest i've went in my firebird was 105 it was only in a short burst. I just had to see what the car could do. I was very pleased. My average interstate speed in my firebird is 55-65 avg, interstate speed in my camaro is 70-75. I pamper my firebird too much.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214</a>

Comment

Drive to work:

4 miles - 35

25 miles - 65 (Rte 69)

45 miles - 80/85 (I-17)

35 miles - 35 (I-17 through Phoenix)
                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Around town.... speed limited to 5 over?

Highway is a different story.

Bird - in a 65 mph posted - 70-75
                  Neon - in a 65 mph posted - 80-90
                  Benz - in a 65 mph posted - 80-100
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I like to drive a flat 85-90mph. I tend to drive only at those speeds when things are going well, good visibility, no cops, very little traffic if any, middle of the day etc.

Otherwise, on a 70mph restricted interstate I run between 70-80mph. I dont have cruise control so my foot does tend to drift to the floor as my trip wears on [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X