How fast do you drive on interstates? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How fast do you drive on interstates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast do you drive on interstates?

I just took a trip to the state class 'A' high school softball tournament in illinois......we ended up winning it all. Pretty cool...but on topic now.

I drove 100-105 for about a solid hour because i was running about 30 minutes late...and i got there on time [img]smile.gif[/img] I dont have a radar detector or anything of the type...i was going on the hope that there was no cops...otherwise i was screwed. Whats the fastest youve maintained? I normally only go 75-80...

My car would overheat if i drove that fast for that long. I keep it just over 70 for the most part.
    -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

usually 65-80 depending on traffic
      RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
        usually 65-80 depending on traffic
        x2
        99 WS6
        13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
        tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

usually 70-85... every now and then if its late night I will go faster like 85-105ish...

But have gotten 3 tickets that way so its not the best idea to do often.
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

72-73.
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

it usually depends on what time it is and the amount of traffic..on my way to work at 3:30a.m. there is maybe 5-6 other cars on the interstate with me so i set the cruise between 75-90...during dyalight hours i usually go with the flow of traffic which is around 70-75.
              1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera(The White Devil)3.3L V6 (gone)<br />New Car:2002 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 (The White Bull)

Comment

I make frequent trips from Huntington, WV to Evansville, IN 5 1/2 hr drive.

I'll do a constant speed between 95 - 110 if it's late at night. Daytime 85ish.

No tickets in 4 years, and I'm on geico's preffered customer list! Well was I switch to progressive.

Comment

fastest, probally 110 to 115 for about 10-15 minutes.
                  usually speed of traffic
                  2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

5~7 above posted speedlimit. Except in Tennesse, those slow speeds would get you killed.
                    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                    94 comero 3.4

Comment

I've only been to 110 myself 2 or 3 times. I usually don't do more than 90 unless it's light enough that I don't see any cops, but other than that 75-85 depending on traffic. I don't go more than 75 in the dark though because I got a ticket for 85 in 65 when I was doing 100 in the dark. Dark = can't see cops. Bad!!! [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]
                      2000 M5 Pewter Firebird [Monsoon stereo]<br /><a href=\"http://www.centerlinewheels.com/sub_wheel.php?mw_id=2\" target=\"_blank\">16\" Centerline Galaxy Wheels</a> . <a href=\"http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/\" target=\"_blank\">Headlight fix</a> . Under dash lighting . Dashmat . Headlight conversion<br />84k miles<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tucsonbird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a><br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

I usually do 65-90 depending on the flow of traffic. There are the occasional 108 mph (damn cutoff) cruises, at which i cruise at 105 so my car doesnt just stop.... [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenPunisher:
                          I just took a trip to the state class 'A' high school softball tournament in illinois......we ended up winning it all. Pretty cool...but on topic now.

I drove 100-105 for about a solid hour because i was running about 30 minutes late...and i got there on time [img]smile.gif[/img] I dont have a radar detector or anything of the type...i was going on the hope that there was no cops...otherwise i was screwed. Whats the fastest youve maintained? I normally only go 75-80...
                          I hope you get caught and arrested for wreckless endangerment. You are retarded if you think you need to speed like that just because you are late. You could have cost other innocent drivers their lives. Think about that next time your stupid *** decides to do somthing soooo stupid like go 105 on the interstate for a solid hour.
                          Maybe it will be painles when you screw up that you only kill yourself and not someone else that isn't soo retarded as you. [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow...im such a rebel for going 20MPH faster than everyone else! Dickhead....get a life.

Comment

I saw 90 mph today on a stretch of highway I was comfortable with. I pretty much know all the speed traps now with confidence. I just noticed the drama above my post, I wanna see a race with timeslips shown lol!
                              Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X