They made manual y87 packages right? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They made manual y87 packages right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They made manual y87 packages right?

I've never seen any but they made them right?

nope
    \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

Originally posted by kamarozrule:
      nope
      really ?
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by kamarozrule:
        nope
        before you post misinformation, research it. :rolleyes:

the Manuals could have a Y87, they just got a limited diff 3.23 gear, instead of 3.42.

ask blue flame V6, he used to have a Y87 5 speed if i'm not mistaken.
        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Originally posted by navyblue2000:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kamarozrule:
          nope

the Manuals could have a Y87, they just got a limited diff 3.23 gear, instead of 3.42.

</font>[/QUOTE]ya i thought i read somewhere awhile ago they didnt make y87 m5s. . . sorry
          \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

they had to give the auto guys 3.42's to keep up with us manual guys lol

j/p guys

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
              they had to give the auto guys 3.42's to keep up with us manual guys lol

j/p guys
              [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

YES they M5 did have Y87 (14.4:1 steering ratio) and the LSD

Comment

Originally posted by navyblue2000:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kamarozrule:
                  nope

</font>[/QUOTE]Yes they did and yes I do have one currently on my firebird. The Y87 gets LSD special steering rack and dual exhaust. I had both a 02 camaro and firebird with it. Not that common to find it because most 5spds are base models.
                  2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Originally posted by N0SFERATU:
                    are you going for the record on how many times Stefan will ban you?

Comment

i have a y87 m5 too. Are they rare? oooooh,, I feel so special now
                      - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Hey N0SFERATU, You forgot to put in your signature that you are infact driving a Neon. It's not a Dodge SRT-4, it's a Dodge NEON SRT-4.

And yes, that package is rare on V6's. I was looking to get one when I was first researching V6 Fbod's.
                        2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by hawgs:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by N0SFERATU:
                          are you going for the record on how many times Stefan will ban you? </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                          -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X