My gtp eats those damn hybrids pos's - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My gtp eats those damn hybrids pos's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc Kyle:
    a full cm.. so when is the check gages light supposed to come on? with 3 gallons left?
    At least that, I think. Which is pretty much okay by me. I commute 40 miles each way with basically no gas stations in between, and gas at work costs at least $0.25/gallon more than at home. So I appreciate the early warning.

Twisty country roads, up and over 3 "mountain" ridges, so I get lousy mileage commuting. It's fun when there's not much traffic though! But my highway mileage is def. over 30 mpg. BIG difference.

[ August 17, 2004, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Xian ]
    \'01 Camaro Y87 A4 - 100% stock, so far

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeast:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:
      Um, 16.8? My gas tank is 15.5, the end
      did you order the special '98 with the unique gas tank?

You can go about a full centimeter below the E on the f-body gas gauge. In fact the lowest I ever got the needle didn't even move when I cranked the car and I still only filled up about 16.3 gallons, had a full half gallon left! haha
      </font>[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure my '98 has 15.5, not 16.8. But I could be wrong. I'll have to check my owner's manual when I get off work.
      98 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarolover98\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarolover98</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jc Kyle:
        16.8 gallons.. damn.. my check gauges light comes on for low fuel and i put gas in it... and it only fills 13.5 gallons.. do i actually have 3 gallons left of gas????
        My gauge read over 1/2 a tank the other day, but I thought I'd put gas in to be safe since I would be driving about 70 miles... the thing drank OVER 10 GALLONS! Usually I fill up about 12-12.5 gallons! Over 1/2 a tank left my ***....

I never recommend driving our cars to the E mark LOL
        </font>[/QUOTE]I think I read somewhere that gas guages are sort of engineered from a psychological standpoint too... They don't just gradually go down to empty then it's actually empty (duh... but just keep reading) They make them so they stay on full for a long time, then drop to empty rather quickly... then there is a buffer of a few gallons while on empty...

Also I think somewhere in 1997 or around there (I think) They changed the gas tank size (larger). I know they did for the firebird anyway.
        Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

Originally posted by AlienInv8r:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by viper04af:
          i don't understand how you guys get such bad milage, with my cam and 57# hour injectors, i still get like 300- 350 miles out of a tank in a 1997 (15.5gallon)(1998 and up have the 16.8 gallon)
          If you're getting 350miles out of a tank, that's not that great
          ~350miles / 15.5gal = 22.58 miles/gal

But you probably get better mileage than that, the M5 helps you out with that some too.
          My friends always get surprised when I tell them I get as good of highway mileage as their honda does, suddenly their excuses arent as good anymore
          </font>[/QUOTE]He's most likely not taking it to the very last drop to the point the engine has no fuel at all. I get about 350 to the tank as well but when I fuel up, I'm only putting 12 gallons into the tank. I've still got several gallons still left in the tank. So if you correct your math to compute less gallons used, that will show you some better and more accurate numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by jc Kyle:
            a full cm.. so when is the check gages light supposed to come on? with 3 gallons left?
            in my 1997 manual (should read it some time) its say when the needel is on E you have 1.5-2 gallons of "emergency" gas...
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by SD6:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AlienInv8r:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by viper04af:
              i don't understand how you guys get such bad milage, with my cam and 57# hour injectors, i still get like 300- 350 miles out of a tank in a 1997 (15.5gallon)(1998 and up have the 16.8 gallon)
              If you're getting 350miles out of a tank, that's not that great
              ~350miles / 15.5gal = 22.58 miles/gal

But you probably get better mileage than that, the M5 helps you out with that some too.
              My friends always get surprised when I tell them I get as good of highway mileage as their honda does, suddenly their excuses arent as good anymore
              </font>[/QUOTE]He's most likely not taking it to the very last drop to the point the engine has no fuel at all. I get about 350 to the tank as well but when I fuel up, I'm only putting 12 gallons into the tank. I've still got several gallons still left in the tank. So if you correct your math to compute less gallons used, that will show you some better and more accurate numbers.
              </font>[/QUOTE]useally i put in about 13 gallons, or when my fuel Psi start dropping on corners i know im low on gas lol
              so that like 26.9 MPG average city/HWY witch is exacly what i got before the rebiuld, like i siad 57# hours injectors and hug cam, running na set up for boost, i dont see how you guys get bad milage.

and only 8.5:1 c/r
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

hehe my car takes longer to start when low on gas.. mua ha ha
                ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X