College Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
    Corn dogs, chicken, taquitos, and the easiest of all, chili dogs.
    You want something fast.. just put some hot dogs in the microwave, some chili on the stove, you have dinner in < 5 minutes.
    5 MINUTES! But I want it NOW! :(

...I must be lazy...
    Yes you are my friend, yes you are. :cool:
    ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Frozen Burritos and the personal pizzas were my best friend this past year.

Also, get your mom to freeze stuff she makes. When I would make trips home my mom would send me back with like a weeks worth of homecooked meals frozen. I just grabbed em and popped them in the microwave - bam, it's like mom's cooking in 5 minutes.

For something that tastes awesome and doesnt take much time from you, buy a slowcooker/crock pot. Spend 5 minutes in the morning to toss something in it, then by dinner time it's cooked and almost always tastes good. You dont spend much time at all actually preparing it, but it does take awhile to cook....
      AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

Originally posted by AlienInv8r:
        For something that tastes awesome and doesnt take much time from you, buy a slowcooker/crock pot. Spend 5 minutes in the morning to toss something in it, then by dinner time it's cooked and almost always tastes good. You dont spend much time at all actually preparing it, but it does take awhile to cook....
        yea those cook nice and evenly only thing is that it takes a while.

Like when i made brisket here it took like 7 hrs to cook. It was a 16 pound brisket, lets just say i ate brisket for a whole month.

Comment

let's just say i invented a new dish tonight. The broccoli and cheese quesadilla. It was AWESOME.

Comment

for a long day of physical work.. good cheap meal I like, is box of mac and cheese, can of chili and a little hotsauce.

Costs less then $2 and stuffs you [img]smile.gif[/img]

I been eating lots of red meat recently, splurghing a little, but now I am hurting on money again... problem is I live college diet, then go out to eat and drink with freinds and blow like $50-60 easily for me and my girl [img]smile.gif[/img] Advantage though is she pays for me alot too.

Comment

Originally posted by 98v6:
              let's just say i invented a new dish tonight. The broccoli and cheese quesadilla. It was AWESOME.
              broccoli [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by CAMAROWIDBASS:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 98v6:
                broccoli [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]hehe I was thinking the same thing I cannot stand broccoli, makes me gag just smelling it

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CAMAROWIDBASS:
                  broccoli [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]hehe I was thinking the same thing I cannot stand broccoli, makes me gag just smelling it </font>[/QUOTE]same here i hate it when they make it at home, it smells like feet.

Comment

broccoli is good if prepared correctly - too bad Ive only had it prepared correctly like twice and I dont know how they did it.

Comment

Ramen.

-Justin
                      <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CAMAROWIDBASS:
                        broccoli [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]hehe I was thinking the same thing I cannot stand broccoli, makes me gag just smelling it </font>[/QUOTE]I know the feeling! Your gf didn't clean "herself" up for like a week and I came over, I was like [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img] all over her... she didn't like but, but it was her own damn fault!
                        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac nino:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
                          You want something fast.. just put some hot dogs in the microwave, some chili on the stove, you have dinner in &lt; 5 minutes.
                          5 MINUTES! But I want it NOW! :( </font>[/QUOTE]Damn, sounds like my ex..
                          "I want it now, give it to me now!"
                          That's how you get a ****in pregnancy scare right there, ladies and gentlemen. When she wants it now, do yourself a favor and take the time to get some protection [img]smile.gif[/img]
                          <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

i guess this pregnancy scare scenario has never happened to you? :D

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

My college food:

-Mac and cheese (Albertson's still sometimes offers it for 4 for $1).
                              -Hormel canned chili and home-made garlic bread (strictly for non-date nights).
                              -"Taco War" specials. It used to be the taco chains had certain nights when they'd put tacos on sale for 39 cents, 33 cents or 25 cents.

We'd walk in with 2 or three bucks in our pockets, order tacos and a cup of water and be happy. And if we wanted sour creme, we'd even bring our own so we would not have to pay for the upgrade.

-Happy hour buffets. Some bars still offer free food buffets to entice you to buy drinks. Free food!

-Cheap frozen pizzas. Do grocery stores still sell the cheapo Totino frozen pizzas?

-Ramen noodles.

-Hotels/motels. This one has to be done carefully and in moderation. Some specfic hotel locations within chains such as Residence Inn offer free dinner/happy hour-type buffets and frequently free breakfasts (usually continental, sometimes hot food). As long as you act and look like you are a hotel guest, you can blend in and get the free buffet. You can't graze too much or stop by the same place too often or they'll catch on.
                              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by pontiac nino:
                                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
                                You want something fast.. just put some hot dogs in the microwave, some chili on the stove, you have dinner in &lt; 5 minutes.
                                5 MINUTES! But I want it NOW! :( </font>[/QUOTE]Damn, sounds like my ex..
                                "I want it now, give it to me now!"
                                That's how you get a ****in pregnancy scare right there, ladies and gentlemen. When she wants it now, do yourself a favor and take the time to get some protection [img]smile.gif[/img]
                                </font>[/QUOTE]hehe, bastard! lol [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                                I thought you liked chorizo [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
                                ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X