No announcement yet.

Stored my car for the winter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i also store it in my own garage... so i dont have to pay to rent a garage.. and i changed my insurance from full coverage to winter storage and i pay $11 bucks a month
    unfortunatley i still make car payments .. but they arent too bad
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

i dont put my car AWAY for the whole winter, but when it rains and i have time, it goes in the garage, and if the forecasts even mention snow, it goes into the garage.

salt kills the paint, i like my paint the way it is, its nice and shiny!

any rwd car isnt good in snow, i dont want to risk sliding into a telephone pole.

what youre saying about it being a base model... thats just stupidl. we all bought our cars because we liked them, so why would we want to risk it just because someone else would rather have a v8??

my car is rarer than many z28's to tell you the truth. i have seen a few v8 SOM camaros, never seen another v6 one!
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by 01MaroIL:
        why store a V6 Fbody? They arent that bad in the winter. Its not a rare car or a classic.
        Storing the car from salt is how you get a rare/classic in 30 years.

As already stated, jacking the car up is to save the tires, not the suspension. I start up and move my car every month.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

ok thanks..
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I store my Z28 in a nylon carport (simply because I don't have a big garage) year round and take it out on nice days. In the winter, we have a few nice throughout and I take it out then so it gets moved around once or twice a month in the winter.

Mike
            <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Originally posted by 01MaroIL:
              why store a V6 Fbody? They arent that bad in the winter. Its not a rare car or a classic.
              mine sits all year round now. i take her out maybe once a week or so. sometimes more in the winter. once you put as much money into the car and only get 12 mph at most you want her to last as long as you can so you save her!
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 01MaroIL:
                mine sits all year round now. i take her out maybe once a week or so. sometimes she sits more in the winter. once you put as much money into the car and only get 12 mph at most you want her to last as long as you can so you save her! </font>[/QUOTE]
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kristen:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 01MaroIL:
                  mine sits all year round now. i take her out maybe once a week or so. sometimes she sits more in the winter. once you put as much money into the car and only get 12 mph at most you want her to last as long as you can so you save her! </font>[/QUOTE]</font>[/QUOTE]Why do you only get 12mpg?

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
                  1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
                  1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X