No announcement yet.

Honda cbr 954RR or Honda RC-51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Well, if it compares at all to Suzuki's twin, the TL1000R, then my 600 out runs it. In your case, it will be a huge loss of power."

Not huge, pretty small. The RC-51 is much more highly tuned that the TL. A good rider can get it close to 10.5. In the real world the torque will make it much faster than a 600 unless the 600 guy plays riffs on the gearchange. The TL is more like my Superhawk.

But the big deal is V-Twin handling.
    2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Does suz still make the TL? Do you think there is a reason for that? It has its place in time but now it's better dead. RC is a different story, Honda dipped into their deeper-than-suzuki budget to develop their v-twin. The RC by no means looks bad, but the cbr looks better. You can't compare straight engine numbers here, theres more to it than that. The RC will be way more fun on any track any day.

And most importantly of all...

Matt, you are a biker, you will be dead soon anyways. Get as much under your belt as you can.

Seriously, I wish I had a larger budget. If I could I would get a new bike every 2 months. I love comparing them. You best get it and come back here to tell us how cool it is. Also, to top it all off this guy is practically letting you steal it.
      There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by V6Bob:
        "Well, if it compares at all to Suzuki's twin, the TL1000R, then my 600 out runs it. In your case, it will be a huge loss of power."

Not huge, pretty small. The RC-51 is much more highly tuned that the TL. A good rider can get it close to 10.5. In the real world the torque will make it much faster than a 600 unless the 600 guy plays riffs on the gearchange. The TL is more like my Superhawk.

But the big deal is V-Twin handling.
        That's basically what I was asking, because I wasn't sure if it was fair to compare the RC51 to the TL. Im telling you, the TL was like riding a pig. Ive never ridden another twin sportbike besides that though, and I hope if the day comes, they are nothing similar to Suzuki's junk.
        <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

I'd keep the 954
          Stephane<br />1999 Camaro m5 Black/Red<br />1999 GSX-R 750 Black/Red

Comment

hmmm i like the idea of making the trade, selling the rc51 and then buying another 954 and keeping the change... that seems like the best idea if you could get it to work out for ya... i have sh!tty luck and prolly couldnt get that to work but hey thats just me... later
            disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

rc51 hands down
              2001 camaro a4 SOM vert <br />3800 series II <br />flowmasters american thunder <br />3.42 gears<br /><br />its not fast but i drive it like a natural beast

Comment

you could take the bike he wants to give u.. ride it for a lil while and see if you like it.. and if you dont sell it and get another 954
                1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X