No announcement yet.

No hockey this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm glad hockey's gone... they won't have to talk about it during sportscenter!
    ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Originally posted by LordoftheBling:
      im happy. now on sportscenter i dont have to suffer through all the BS hockey stuff and they can get to the real sports.
      Amen to that [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

down with canada!
        <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104 96 Firebird M5</a>

Comment

"It is a fact -- a fact -- that during this CBA, a team in the top one-third in salaries has been three times more likely to make the playoffs than a team in the bottom third. That is a status quo with which we simply cannot continue to live
          Very true. This sport is not about teamwork or where you're from. Its about who pays more. I personally think players should only be able to play for a city that they have lived in at least five years. No more of this "I lived my whole life in L.A. but moved to Philly to play" BS.

There is no short-cut or quick fix. We need an enforceable, defined relationship between revenues and expenses. We need a system that will eliminate the disparities in payrolls, so that a team's ability to compete depends on its team-building skills, not on its ability to pay
          Damn right.

We offered the Union systems that would provide an average player salary of $1.3 million, U.S., per season
          And the player's union refused because they are GREEDY *******S.

I HATE all professional sports athletes. They get PAID to do what they enjoy--and they don't just get paid, they get paid friggin outrageous fortunes--more than cancer researchers, more than pediatricians, more than any real noble career. Those jerks and their ridiculously hyperinflated economic system force us, the fans, their customers, to pay $90 or more for a ticket that should cost no more than $10 in a well-designed system.

I say good riddance to the hockey players and I hope they suffer hard. We all know how athletes are such forward-thinkers and they always save and invest wisely, right? :rolleyes: Many of them will be declaring bankruptcy in a few weeks. "What do you mean you're going to repo my fifteen Lamborghinis just because I now don't have a paycheck? I have a thousand dollars in savings!"

I also say good luck to the managers who are forcing a reality check on those jerk-off players. I hope this reform effort actually works out. The players will hate it but get real here. No one deserves $6 friggin million dollars for playing a GAME.

Though I think the real boycott should be you fans. Why do you put up with paying those exorbent fees for tickets? Show them who's really the boss. Boycott hockey altogether and maybe they'll get the hint that consumers are sick of taking a second mortgage to afford season tickets. There WAS a time when a ticket to the game only cost ten bucks.

Comment

Thank god for college hockey then, living in a town that has one of the best college hockey programs around I'm pretty lucky for that at least, all I can say is GO SIOUX!!!! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
            97 \'maro 3.8L with magana flow exhaust and K&N air filter

Comment

The only hockey I will be watching is the local Richmond Riverdogs of the UHL
              WOW I JUST CANT WAIT :rolleyes:
              New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
              RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
              crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
              The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

[SARCASM]yea, thank got sports center wont have to talk about a fast paced action sport where anything can happen, and they can focus on basketball and baseball.

[/SARCASM]

Comment

Am I the only person actually discussing the real issue at hand--the economics of hockey as a business? How it is MONEY that is causing the standstill?

Do you hockey fans actually enjoy paying more for one game ticket than most people spend on an FIPK?

Comment

so this is the end of hockey? cos players whining for more money really pisses me off... and i think i can speak for a decent bit of america too
                    99 WS6
                    13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
                    tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Devils....i miss my devils

87 Firebird RIP
                      96 Camaro RS RIP
                      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X