Got my car back from the shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my car back from the shop

In case anyone didn't hear, my car died two days ago after I attempted to wire a manual fan switch. I thought the switch was grounded, but it wasn't, and i ended up frying the alternator. it ran ok for a little while, but then it ran out of juice and i had to get it towed. the shop took two days to figure out the problem, because they were busy with other $hit. They found out it was indeed the alternator that got shorted out, replaced it and gave me a new belt also. total cost (with towing included): $419. i have my car back now and just took it for a spin...the voltmeter now reads 14 like it should, not 13....12....11...10 like it was before it got fixed. i'm happy to have it back, but not happy about the price. i don't have a whole lotta money, and i'm gonna have to sell some stuff to make more in time for insurance payment.
    \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

wow 419 dollars for something you could have done in your driveway in about 2 hours

Comment

Originally posted by crasher:
      something you could have done in your driveway in about 2 hours
      2 hours? I'd be surprised if it took more than 30 minutes to replace it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

thats got to suck
        -Darin<br />1991 Red Firebird A4 (stock)<br />Alchol engineers some inject it we injest it.

Comment

damn dude, you got owned. definatly a 30-45min job :( and a free alt. test at a local shop. parts and the tow is all it should have costed you
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

yeah 2 hours was kind of any over kill estimate usualy only takes me about 10 or 15 minutes in the shop that I"m working at. Gotta love them air tools the are so nice and lovely :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X