No announcement yet.

Welfare-Important Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isnt the American dream: if you work hard in life you can get ahead? I DONT WORK TO HELP OTHERS, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO KEEP WHAT A WORK FOR. If you dont like it GET THE FU(K OUT OF MY COUNTRY.
    It isn't that you don't get ANY of what you earn, or that if you get lucky and work hard then you don't get ahead. Why don't you go start your own damn country and forget about living with other people if you want to reap all the benefits of society without having to pay the costs? Yeah, live on a desert island or something all by yourself, see how good your father's million does you there. Better yet, your father did not earn his million working at his current job, did he? So, like hard work and a big inheritance is what pays now? Just as long as it helps YOU out in the long run...

Comment

Better yet, your father did not earn his million working at his current job, did he? So, like hard work and a big inheritance is what pays now?
      actually he did, he's been a firefighter for 25 years, since college, he didnt earn it from inheritance as his father was also a firefighter, its called hard work, smart investing and saving your money. and i dont plan on it helping me, i work for what i have, I paid for my cars, I pay for my insurance. I'll be paying my rent, food, living costs next year when i move out.

[apu voice]Thank you, come again[/apu]

edit - and your desert island idea is just plain stupid, rich people pay for what they have, thats how they pay society for it. $$

[ June 03, 2004, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: 95fbirdkid ]
      RedlineVSix

Comment

smart investing and saving your money.
        ... hard to do when you're scraping to get by...

i work for what i have, I paid for my cars, I pay for my insurance. I'll be paying my rent, food, living costs next year when i move out.
        yes, but did you ever help your parents make rent? you obviously have no concept of how it really is to be on welfare in the first place. you come from the upper middle class, it's understanbable. But that's what bothers me: people take so much for granted. Like your dad couldn't lose all his money on something like Enron and then have other terrible things happen until it was just you, nobody to borrow from or live with. So what would happen then, if you lost your job?

Comment

you're right, i have no concept of what its like to be on welfare, that doesnt mean i cant have my opinions on it. again, as i've stated many times in this thread, IM NOT AGAINST HELPING THOSE LESS FORTUNATE, its the fact that the government FORCES me to, and decides how much I help that bothers me.

edit - smart investing != risky stocks
          smart investing = more stable mutual funds, 401K's, savings accounts, cd's, savings bonds, ect
          RedlineVSix

Comment

its the fact that the government FORCES me to, and decides how much I help that bothers me.
            Can you think of a better way to make sure people get what they need? I don't have much faith in the charitable nature of the average rich penny-pinching American. That's like making taxes optional.

Comment

wow, i cant believe that someone actually likes what i said. lol. you guys really need too understand what welfare is. you no those poeple that have no kids and live in the local park. they dont get welfare because they have no kids.

hypothetical situation #1

family of 5 has a fire and there is no homeowners insurance. there is a 1 year old and a 2 year old that is in the family. lets punish the kids because there dad didnt make enough money too pay for the insurance. it was either health care or homeowners insurance and he shose health over material. stefan says lets punish the kids cause there dad is an idiot? wow, stefan for president!!!

situation #2

some crack whore has no abortion from a rape. she has this child with no help at all. what do you do?i say pay for a bit too help the kid out and see how she reacts with the help. if she doesnt change and still does the drugs, EFF HER, TAKE THE KID AND CUT OFF THE MONEY TOO HER!!!!

i just really cant stand when someone thinks that helping someone that genuinely needs the help is less of a person then someone else. if all my tax dollars went too this program i would be a little weary of it, but it doesnt so im not.
              boost, you got it???

Comment

Why do I see people I know that are on welfare driving new cars?
                1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

b/c they can afford it off their drug dealing side jobs
                  RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner:
                    Why do I see people I know that are on welfare driving new cars?
                    cuz they're drug dealers
                    ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

lmfao. that summed up the problem with the welfare crap. lmfao!!!!
                      boost, you got it???

Comment

not really... any collective good in a society like ours will have people who don't deserve it... it's a problem, but a problem with no solution.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X