Computer People....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer People....

When i start up my laptop and i go to log on this blue screen comes up and it says

"beginning dump of physical memory"
    "physical memory dump complete"

the only when i can get to the desk top is if i run it in safe mode, which is how im posting right now...

Something that has installed recently or a recent configuration change has corrupted a system file(s).

See if you can restore back to a previous point by going into the system restore while in safe-mode, otherwise you're most likely looking at reinstalling the OS

Good luck

Mike
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Re: Computer People....

HEY!go to last page

i didnt want to start a new thread so i found an existing one with the title i wanted...

i got a kodak easy share camera for christmas, but i HATE the easyshare software, is there a way around it.

with my old camera i could plug it in and it would show up as another drive under "my computer" with this camera it doesnt do it. and i have stuff i want to put on the interweb.

HELP![/U]
      Last edited by flamingchicken; 01-07-2010, 12:02 AM.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

hmmmmmmm

If it comes with the software then your going to have to use it. Does this new camera have a storage card on it? thats the reason your older camera showed up since it probably had a storage card.

try to mess with the software a little see if it lets you change some of the settings. The only work around I can think of, is install and use the software to operate the camera and get a SD card reader and plug your memory card into that and use it on the computer to look at your pictures.

Hope it helps
        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
        1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
        2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

this one has a storage card aswell. and when i plug it into my computer without easy share software installed it makes a noise like i plugged something in, but nothing shows up.

thanks for the help, i guess ima have to buy a SD reader, casue my pooter is kinda old.
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

What operating system are you using?

Also like said above you could take out the SD chip and and get the adapter for your computer (if your laptop has the option) and plug in there.

You could just try getting the drivers for the camera online somewhere as well.

Comment

im using XP.... i build my computer with spare parts i got from people, its soo slow, 2ghz processor, and only expandable to 1gig of ram. i bought a Nvidia grafix card to help take a little load off, but its still slow.

what is this about getting the drivers?? could i find them on the install disc? i installed easyshare and when i go to upload a pic to a hosting site i cant find the file when i browse...

im a computer idiot.
              Team NoVa

Comment

Google up the company that makes that camera see if theres any other drivers or software on there site.

I doubt they will have it but its worth a shot.

here's the reader thing man http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...5&Sku=GEN-5001

Sounds like its time to build a newer PC though. I have a few parts laying around you could have if you ever want to do it.
                1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
                  Google up the company that makes that camera see if theres any other drivers or software on there site.

I doubt they will have it but its worth a shot.

here's the reader thing man http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...5&Sku=GEN-5001

Sounds like its time to build a newer PC though. I have a few parts laying around you could have if you ever want to do it.
                  ill be leaving for BCT at the end of january, so when i get out i should be able to buy a mac book...

but i wanna use my camera. i need to make a video of my engine noises for you fellas.
                  Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                    thanks for the help, casue my pooter is kinda old.
                    Bahaahahahahahahaaa!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Tell me the camera model number and Ill get you the driver. Then Ill help ya get it going.
                      sigpic
                      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

m341 is the model number. i got a sd card reader and so far its working.
                        Team NoVa

Comment

Damn... Apparently they are locked down like Apple products.
                          Maybe this can help>>>

You can transfer your pictures to the computer using the Windows scanner and camera wizard utility. To do this:

1. Connect the camera to the computer.

2. Turn on the camera.

3. If you are not using a Kodak camera or printer dock, skip to step 4; if you are using a Kodak camera or printer dock:

a. Place the camera on the dock.
                          b. Press Transfer.
                          c. Click Cancel in any window that appear.

4. Open the Device Manager:

a. Right click My Computer and select Properties
                          b. In the System Properties window, select the Hardware tab.
                          c. Click Device Manager.

5. Click the plus sign (+) in front of Imaging devices or Universal Serial bus controllers. The camera appears.

6. Right-click the camera and select Update Driver.

7. When can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software appears, select No, not this time

8. Click Next.

9. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced).

10. Click Next.

11. Select Digital Still Camera.

12. Click Next.

13. When the program selection window appears, select Microsoft scanner and camera wizard.

14. Select Always use this program for this action and click OK to transfer your pictures.
                          sigpic

Comment

hey thanks bud!!!
                            Team NoVa

Comment

NP How well did we turn out?
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X