i realized something about politics! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i realized something about politics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i realized something about politics!

as you all no i am a republican. i stand by all my beliefs and that is that. cant budge me on it. but i found something out over this past vacation weekend. you might be surprised when you hear it also. and i want opinions too see if my thoughts are correct.

SCIENCE is the only thing that is embraced worldwide. there is no political hardships or groups that go against each other. there is no voting too put a higher power into a science office. there is no wasted money in a campaign.

insert opinions now!
    boost, you got it???

Are you saying that everyone just accepts science for what it is and there is no debate on scientific issues? That is kinda silly.

What about evolution, cloning, or sickle cell research? There are very opposing views of those topics.

Comment

science is also affected by social and political tradition. the first example and probably the best I can think of is anthropology. China has VERY different views than we do as to the evoloution of their peoples and cultures in isolation from the rest of the world. I am sure many other cultures do as well. here is a very interesting link about who the Chinese think discovered America.

http://www.1421.tv/
      \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

What about evolution, cloning, or sickle cell research? There are very opposing views of those topics.
        I think he's refering to scienctific laws not the ethics behind it.
        RedlineVSix

Comment

You've gotta be kidding me! Any and everything that requires money IE: funding, grants etc...is DIRECTLY ties into politics. Those who have more money are able to lobby more for things that interest THEM! Companies who are protecting industries like alchol and tobbacco are more intersted in those particular findings, not green monkey's effects on the ecology of their enviornment. It's just how things are, as long as one side has more money than the other, they control what WE find. Science can't get away from that rule of thumb man, sorry don't think you found one here. As a republican you really should know that first hand huh?
          -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

what i meant too show you guys is that people in all the countries on this damn earth somehow fund a scientific program with another country. and that is what the point is here. i am trying too show that excellence in space exploration, medical treatments, genetics, and all other parts of science are funded by multiple countries.

as well as all countries strive too find more efficient ways of trans. and ways too prolong the earth. there is a scientist in every country that has learned something from his peers in another country.
            boost, you got it???

Comment

Got this from a friend
              In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-- Carl Sagan, 1987 CSICOP keynote address
              ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

good form man. that is exactly what i am percieving my view as. basically, there is nothing other then science that can change witholut 1000000000 idiots bickering the change.
                boost, you got it???

Comment

"as you all no i am a republican. i stand by all my beliefs and that is that. cant budge me on it"

How can you say you're 100% Republican? You mean there isn't one issue that you disagree on?

I believe you cannot be a complete party ideal, but only agree with general outlines. If you make your mind up on issues by party stance, you're no different than cattle.

Moo.
                  2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
                  Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

well i dont believe in certain things, this is true. but a majority of the things that i hear and see is pro-republican in my eyes. i am an enthusiastic gun owner. i take pride in my skill that i posess with my firearms, and i have never used one illegally or
                    when it wasnt deemed necesarry.

the bush campaign is going too eliminate the rediculous gun laws of the clinton admin. this is a plus in my book!!!

on the other hand, john kerrys' good friend goerge sorros is an anti-gun fanatic. i read an article that state "if i have too spend my last dollar, i will abolish firearms in the united states!" this person donates millions if not billions into the kerry campaign!!! how can i look past that?

you no what, i jsut figured that if i type more then this i am going too start another politcs war and get called hitler. i just wanted too show something in this thread that i had overlooked before. MY LOVE OF SCIENCE, and how it is separate from everything but integral at the same time.
                    boost, you got it???

Comment

Originally posted by mattsv6:
                      on the other hand, john kerrys' good friend goerge sorros is an anti-gun fanatic. i read an article that state "if i have too spend my last dollar, i will abolish firearms in the united states!" this person donates millions if not billions into the kerry campaign!!! how can i look past that?
                      There has yet to be a presidential race in which the combined campaigns have spent over a billion dollars, so to think one person donating a billion dollars is a bit silly.

Comment

my view: believing in science takes just as much faith as believing in any religion.

but, i think i see what you're saying... in essence, scientists probably want to create a unified theory that can describe everything. but, as everybody has pointed out, it takes some convincing to receive ANY funding (be it from charitable donations or grants).

politicians just want to help themselves and their friends out. that takes a lot of swindling and patting on the back... and results in hurt feelings of those who don't get helped.

Comment

science? its all lies.

the earth is flat!

Comment

lol. it is flat, jsut not all over the place. lmao

and i was typing and bieng pissed at the same time for some reason. i no billions is a misstatement, so i stand corrected!
                            boost, you got it???

Comment

"my view: believing in science takes just as much faith as believing in any religion."

I find it easier to beleive in gravity, than that some guy 2000 years ago walked on water then died and came back to life.
                              Turbocharged and intercooled.<br />17psi(oops), stock fuel pump, no FMU<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64</a> <br />Video: <a href=\"ftp://ftp.pfabrication.com\" target=\"_blank\">ftp://ftp.pfabrication.com</a> Assorted car ****: TurboCamaroFull.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X