i'm so happy right now!!! i'm NEVER ****ing going back to the way i was!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i'm so happy right now!!! i'm NEVER ****ing going back to the way i was!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

227 to 192 here.

Size 38 jeans to 34 and still making room.

WTG man!!!!!

I've been doing it too
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Congrats. Keep up the good work.

I've been a personal trainer for 10 years and I know for a fact that no diet or exercise can work unless you change your lifestyle and eating habit.

I'm impress with what you've done. Awesome pics.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Excellent job man. Life is so much more enjoyable when you're in good shape and healthy. Notice I said "and healthy" [img]tongue.gif[/img] . You can look great and be totally unhealthy. Like those girls that look great but can't do a single pushup. That is not health imo!

Yeah... Definately take in carbs... I am on high-protein by choice (not atkins though)... When I started I was drained all the time.... I almost totally eliminated carbs. I just need 'em or I die...especially with my job now. Unfortunately since I started a full-time job I'm trading cash-intake for body-building time :( .

Here's me now http://matt.web10hosting.com/muscles.jpg

Hopefully in college I'll have more time. Sure I'll have school, but I won't have a 42.5 hr/wk job. <_<...

Here's my workout: http://matt.web10hosting.com/download.htm

Definately worth checking out if you don't like using weights, if you want some general workout tips, or heck if you're just curious what I do.
        Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleicvitriol:
          Excellent job man. Life is so much more enjoyable when you're in good shape and healthy. Notice I said "and healthy" [img]tongue.gif[/img] . You can look great and be totally unhealthy. Like those girls that look great but can't do a single pushup. That is not health imo!

Yeah... Definately take in carbs... I am on high-protein by choice (not atkins though)... When I started I was drained all the time.... I almost totally eliminated carbs. I just need 'em or I die...especially with my job now. Unfortunately since I started a full-time job I'm trading cash-intake for body-building time :( .

Here's me now http://matt.web10hosting.com/muscles.jpg

Hopefully in college I'll have more time. Sure I'll have school, but I won't have a 42.5 hr/wk job. &lt;_&lt;...

Here's my workout: http://matt.web10hosting.com/download.htm

Definately worth checking out if you don't like using weights, if you want some general workout tips, or heck if you're just curious what I do.
          You did that with that workout? how long did it take you to acheive those results and how long before you started NOTICING results

Also what does this mean "30 – 10 in, 10 mid, 10 out" i dont understand the "in, mid, out" thing

And another also, whats your AIM (if you have it)

[ July 11, 2004, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Trunks ]
          White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

Comment

Firstly let me say that I hope you don't think I'm self-glorifying here... I hate it when people brag on themselves, and I especially hate it when people think I'm bragging on myself. I give examples from my life that might seem vain, but are just examples.

Now to what I was saying [img]tongue.gif[/img]

haha, yep, I've never used weights. I love showing people who use weights my workout and pic because it just flies in the face of everything they believe. The whole "only way to gain mass is with weights" theory. It's true that you'll never gain HUGE mass while doing this... you will gain natural strength. After all, how often do you lift 500 lbs in daily life? I call it "useful workouts" because you use the muscles you work in daily life. I have slipped or gone flying face-first so many times but have never hit my face on the ground or even stained my shirt (as long as I can remember at least). Why? The pushups... I have the upper body strenght that I can stop it as I would do a pushup rep. Same with other things.

As for your results question, I did gymnastics for 5 years which layed a solid foundation, and I can't really remember not being strong... All I can remember is that I specifically remember being astounded by the fact that my bicep had grown and I had an 8-pack after only a month or so of gymnastics. You will notice significant gains when you start (since you haven't been working out like this before... or possibly at all), and lesser gains over time. You MUST start slowly and work up. If you try to do all this or even half of all this from the start you will be dead for over a week and either give up early or extremely hinder your ability to do your next workout soon.

I'm also a mesomorph and basically just lucky in the genetics area which is "the magic" bodybuilding type. Mesomorph is the "balanced type" and has an easier time gaining muscle and losing fat, whereas as an ectomorph is skinnier and has trouble putting on mass. Ectomorphs have high metabolisms and have to eat very high calories to gain mass... Cardio workouts are NOT recommended. Endomorphs are on the other end. They gain mad muscle mass, but have trouble with staying lean in the process. Endomorphs have slower metabolisms and have to have strict diets to stay cut and have to do a lot more cardio.

There are also slow-twich and fast-twich muscles.... but that is another story -_-' Think of it like this... slow twitch is the ideal long distance runner and does more reps in weight lifting. Fast twich is the sprinter and does less reps heavier weights. I am fast twitch but sort of do a slow-twitch workout lol... it works out fine in the end.

About the 30-10 in and so on, read the detailed description on the right. If you still don't understand we can talk on AIM. I'll email you my IM name. I'll boot up AIM for ya', but I normally don't use it anymore, I mostly talk on MSN.
            Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

Msn is cool with me bgardner2@hotmail.com
              White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

Comment

i went from being 5'11 185lbs benching 320 for sets of 3 to 160lbs benching prolly like 225 for sets of 3 in about 8 months and i hate myself!!!

congrats on the weight loss, im glad you are happy with yourself, thats where it all starts.
                96 3.8 red camaro. <br />headers,cam,valve springs,retainers,auburn lsd,3.73 gears,SLP cold air,accel coils,24lb injectors,8mm plug wires,air temp module,LT1 diveshaft,removed a/c,edelbrock torque arm,spohn LCA\'s and PHR

Comment

Way to go man! Thats awesome. Don't take this the wrong way but the before pics bring to mind a saying from a movie... "I ATE A BABE-EY!!"
                  00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Wow!

Awesome!

I actually just started Atkins again today. I'm 6' 1" and was 325 lbs in January... dropped to 275 lbs for AIS in late April. Then, with fifty pounds lost I got cocky... started eating junk food again, had lunch at Taco Bell instead of Subway, etc. Today I'm 285 and starting fresh again, original goal is still 250.

I work out at Gold's too and have a lot of muscle mass which is why I don't look as heavy as I am.

Once you get close to your target weight go pump some iron! Its hilarious to ask people "how much do you think I weigh?" and then have them guess fifty pounds less because you have bulk under your shirt rather than flab. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Carbs are EVIL!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X