cops busting cars at the entrance of a drag strip - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cops busting cars at the entrance of a drag strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's utter bullsh*t. If you ask me, it's a really bad idea because at least the people going to race at the track are keeping it off the street. Actions like that are going to encourage people to stay away from the track, and we all know that people with the racing bug are going to race SOMEWHERE. Might as well encourage them to use the TRACK.

Comment

That sounds like import night at thunder valley prolly a year or so ago.

I don't think they were looking for illegal "cats" thoough..lol.
      2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe:
        That's utter bullsh*t. If you ask me, it's a really bad idea because at least the people going to race at the track are keeping it off the street. Actions like that are going to encourage people to stay away from the track, and we all know that people with the racing bug are going to race SOMEWHERE. Might as well encourage them to use the TRACK.
        That's exactly what I was thinking!
        The cops finally punish people enough to get them off the street and at the track where it is safer, now they are harassing the racers at the track!

Why not stay in town or where ever they patrol and catch the illegal cars there?

Pretty soon we'll all be forced to ride a Vespa every where.
        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

I hope that isn't true.

If tey are pulling over idiot drivers that is fine, but not race cars that are driven on the street :D
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
            I hope that isn't true.

If tey are pulling over idiot drivers that is fine, but not race cars that are driven on the street :D
            Of course, you'd never even consider putting the Bird on the street, would you? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro_SLP:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
              my sis in florida told me tonight that a friend of hers was in line at a track there in florida waiting to get in and he told her that there were cops at the entrance of the track check cars to see if there legal. ...

...i asked her what track but she didnt know nor did he tell her where.
              Those are some good reliable sources.. </font>[/QUOTE]sure is ;)

hey, im just relaying a story to you guys. kind of like a heads up. and as for the cat thing, it was just an example :D
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe:
                Of course, you'd never even consider putting the Bird on the street, would you? ;)
                [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I could be wrong but I really want to blame the 4 bangers for the crackdown on fast cars lately. It seems as if ever since these civics started putting on body kits and superchargers, and then challenging someone at every stoplight, there has been a move to get fast cars off the street. I seriously can't remember exhaust even being a problem in my neighborhood until the civic movement.
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/camazoic\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/camazoic</a><br /><br />Interest:Sports,Cars,Sport Cars,Sports with Cars in them, and using my Car to Sport(obselete meaning) in.

Comment

they're cracking down...

Pinellas County Sheriff's Deputy Recruit Arrested After Chase Into Hillsborough County

Release #: 04-129

Who: Pinellas County Sheriff's Office
                    Patrol Division
                    Flight Section

ARRESTED: Vincenta R. Durdley (Deputy Recruit)
                    dob 03/01/1976
                    Hire date: 03/17/2004
                    Charge: Aggravated Fleeing and Eluding.

What: Vehicle pursuit and arrest of Pinellas County Deputy Recruit Vincenta R. Durdley.

When: June 24, 2004 at 11:15 p.m.

Where: The pursuit started in the area of McMullen Booth Rd. South of Curlew Rd. at approx 11:15 p.m. and continued through Safety Harbor into Oldsmar on County Road 611. Deputies continued to pursue the vehicle to the area of I275 and Bearss Ave. in Tampa where the vehicle ran out of gas and Durdley was taken into custody and transported to the Hillsborough County jail.

How/Why: Pinellas County Sheriff's deputies arrested a PCSO deputy recruit after a vehicle pursuit that started in Pinellas County and ended in Hillsborough County.

At approx. 11:15 p.m. Pinellas County deputies observed a black 2002 Ford Mustang being operated in an aggressive manner and possibly racing other vehicles on U.S. 19 in the Palm Harbor area. Deputies attempted to stop the Mustang in the area of McMullen Booth Rd. just south of Curlew Rd, the driver refused to stop.

Deputies and the PCSO helicopter began pursuing the vehicle which led them on a chase through the Safety Harbor area and into the Oldsmar area. At this time deputies were unaware that the driver of the vehicle was a Pinellas County Sheriff's deputy recruit. Deputies attempted to stop the vehicle using stop sticks, but the vehicle kept avoiding the stop sticks and turning its lights off in an attempt to hide from deputies. The chase continued through Oldsmar east on CR611 towards the Hillsborough County line.

As the deputies approached the Hillisborough County line, they were able to obtain a vehicle tag number which identified the driver of the vehicle. At this time the driver of the Mustang side swiped a PCSO vehicle forcing it into a gaurd rail and also striking a citizens vehicle, causing damage to both vehicles.

Deputies continued to pursue the Mustang to the area of Interstate 275 and Bearss Ave, where Durdley voluntarily stopped. Durdley was then taken into custody without incident, and transported to the Hillsborough County jail.

The deputy recruit has been placed on administrative leave and an Internal Affairs investigation has been opened. Durdley was in the final phase of his training and had prior law enforcement experience.

Comment

Don't need drivers like that on the street. It is people like that who make it tough on those of you who are smart enough to race at a track.

Comment

thats kind of crazy a recruit was running, do you think he would have gotten off if he just stop. thats how it is around here, if your police and your not doing anything too crazy, the'll tell you to chill out and let you go.

Comment

Wouldn't he be kicked out for being convicted of a felony?(streetracing)

I'd make a run for it too...

But of course I wouldn't be stupid enough to go street racing while being a recruit.

BTW thats not too far from my girlfriend's area. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

he won't ever be a cop again.

did i forget to mention, he was being chased by 3 camaro police cars. they weren't going to let him off.

Comment

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] kick ***

Comment

Either way went ot the track... no cops at the entrance going in and the same old 1-2 cops sitting at the exit for the way out, to go after people screwing around right at the entrance.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X