Thinking about getting a Supra, looking for advise - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about getting a Supra, looking for advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about getting a Supra, looking for advise

I don't know why it started, but I really like the way the mk3 supras look (86.5-92my). Looking at the prices, they're pretty reasonable right now ($2k-$4k for a turbo). I want to get another car to replace my rx-7 next year, and I'll have a nice amount of money when I get back from vegas. I was thinking about looking into maybe an '89 turbo targa, with a 5-speed. So, what do you all think about them? Shane, you have any opinions to help me out here? Thanks :D
    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

honestly ive been thinking about getting a new car and that one is on my list. Im going off to college in a year and im gonna need some spending money(damn frycook job) so i might sell my camaro. I think there not half bad looking cars really
    Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

If you do get one, make sure its a turbo. The NA MK III's are dogs. My 3.4 took my buddy's freshly rebuilt one by a good amount of lengths...
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I think they're horribly ugly.
        -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1234:
          I think you're horribly ugly.
          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by asdf1234:
            I think you're horribly ugly. </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] see, those are opinions. I really like the way that the mkIII's look. Trust me when I say that if I do end up with one, it will be a turbo, with a targa top, and a 5-speed. So, anyone here that have had experiences with these cars?
            2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

I have "heard" that they are pretty unreliable, but this is freind of a friendd type stuff....

though a freind of mine took one for a test drive and it blew a radiator hose halfway through the test drive.
              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I think you're horribly ugly. </font>[/QUOTE]I think your mom is horribly ugly.
                -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

I think you're horribly ugly. </font>[/QUOTE]LOL,yeah the older supras are ugly

Comment

I think all you guys and all your moms are ugly... now anyway

Rule of thumb with these cars, always get the Turbo model. If your looking at a Supra, Eclipse, Talon, 300ZX, Stealth, RX-7, or 3000GT. All the non turbo models are slow as ****!

Comment

The turbo models aren't much quicker...

STOCK.

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1234:

STOCK.
                        Significantly quicker...Most came with 5 speeds also.

Comment

Originally posted by V8 Killer:

STOCK.
                          Significantly quicker...Most came with 5 speeds also. </font>[/QUOTE]Fine. You win.

Comment

I think they can move like an ugly mom

1989 Toyota Supra Turbo 0-60= 6.6, 1/4 15.2
                            1991 Toyota Supra Turbo 0-60= 7.1, 1/4 15.6

Comment

That's fine. It seems everyone here feels like everybody else's mothers are some trolls or something like that. Where's Shane? I'm sure he can help out a little bit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                5 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X