Thinking about getting a Supra, looking for advise - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about getting a Supra, looking for advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about getting a Supra, looking for advise

I don't know why it started, but I really like the way the mk3 supras look (86.5-92my). Looking at the prices, they're pretty reasonable right now ($2k-$4k for a turbo). I want to get another car to replace my rx-7 next year, and I'll have a nice amount of money when I get back from vegas. I was thinking about looking into maybe an '89 turbo targa, with a 5-speed. So, what do you all think about them? Shane, you have any opinions to help me out here? Thanks :D
    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

honestly ive been thinking about getting a new car and that one is on my list. Im going off to college in a year and im gonna need some spending money(damn frycook job) so i might sell my camaro. I think there not half bad looking cars really
    Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

If you do get one, make sure its a turbo. The NA MK III's are dogs. My 3.4 took my buddy's freshly rebuilt one by a good amount of lengths...
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I think they're horribly ugly.
        -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1234:
          I think you're horribly ugly.
          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by asdf1234:
            I think you're horribly ugly. </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] see, those are opinions. I really like the way that the mkIII's look. Trust me when I say that if I do end up with one, it will be a turbo, with a targa top, and a 5-speed. So, anyone here that have had experiences with these cars?
            2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

I have "heard" that they are pretty unreliable, but this is freind of a friendd type stuff....

though a freind of mine took one for a test drive and it blew a radiator hose halfway through the test drive.
              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I think you're horribly ugly. </font>[/QUOTE]I think your mom is horribly ugly.
                -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

I think you're horribly ugly. </font>[/QUOTE]LOL,yeah the older supras are ugly

Comment

I think all you guys and all your moms are ugly... now anyway

Rule of thumb with these cars, always get the Turbo model. If your looking at a Supra, Eclipse, Talon, 300ZX, Stealth, RX-7, or 3000GT. All the non turbo models are slow as ****!

Comment

The turbo models aren't much quicker...

STOCK.

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1234:

STOCK.
                        Significantly quicker...Most came with 5 speeds also.

Comment

Originally posted by V8 Killer:

STOCK.
                          Significantly quicker...Most came with 5 speeds also. </font>[/QUOTE]Fine. You win.

Comment

I think they can move like an ugly mom

1989 Toyota Supra Turbo 0-60= 6.6, 1/4 15.2
                            1991 Toyota Supra Turbo 0-60= 7.1, 1/4 15.6

Comment

That's fine. It seems everyone here feels like everybody else's mothers are some trolls or something like that. Where's Shane? I'm sure he can help out a little bit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X