hurrying for hurricane=TICKET!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
    you were speeding, you wernt trying to outrun the storm or anything, you would have gotten there in the same condition weither or not you went the speed limit... you broke the law, you got caught, quit whining.
    When people are placed in a disaster situation your body activates something called a "Fight-or-Flight response" When this happens, you body releases adrenaline to prepare itself to fight or run away. I can pretty much garantee the only thing on his mind was the task at hand, getting gas. He was so focused on driving that he wasn't even paying attention to how fast he was going.

I know, because this happened to me last year. I had to drive 60 miles from my work to my house, before one of the hurricanes last year, litterally hours before the storm hit our area, because my boss wouldn't let me off :rolleyes:

Anyways, my only concern was getting home fast enough to pick up my wife and kid to evacuate to my mother house. I litterally couldn't keep the car below 90MPH (on the expressway). I would relize how fast I was going, slow down to about 10 over, then next thing I know I was doing 95 again.

Was he in the wrong, yea. Should he get a ticket for it, deffinately not. Like I said before, that cop should have been more worried about evacuations then giving someone a stupid speeding ticket. I was reading in the paper today, how the cops didn't have enough manpower to handle the massive amount of evacuees.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

its a time of crisis and they give u a damn ticket? they can stick that in there ***. id fight it.
      2000 3.8 Camaro M5<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/832316\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/832316</a>

Comment

Well, I beleive hurricanes move at speeds between 5-15MPH. So technically, you only would have needed to go the 35mph speed limit to out run the hurricane. :D

Just kidding, the ticket sounds like hogwash, unless of course you were just using the hurricane as an excuse to speed around.
        -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

I guess you could'velooted too & blamed it on teh hurricane :rolleyes:

and if you choose a job over your families safety...............
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
            I guess you could'velooted too & blamed it on teh hurricane :rolleyes:

and if you choose a job over your families safety...............
            Considering if I don't have a job, the family doesn't eat ...

The family wasn't in any danger, the only reason we evacuated was our place was at the edge of the power grid, which means and the power constantly went out even with the tiniest thunderstorms. My moms place on the other hand rarely ever looses power.
            <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

As a cop, I couldn't see giving the kid a ticket unless he was driving so fast or so recklessly that a ticket was necessary to put him in front of a Judge. Only if he endangered the lives of others would I have done something like that.

Some cops are just pricks. Sorry about that. That's why I'm not gonna be a cop anymore.
              Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:

The family wasn't in any danger, the only reason we evacuated was our place was at the edge of the power grid, which means and the power constantly went out even with the tiniest thunderstorms. My moms place on the other hand rarely ever looses power.
                then you didn't need to be going 90 if you were just going to a place w/a better power grid.
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

cop was a major prick!!!!!!!!! read my post "rita killed car"

Comment

btw the ticket was lost because car is messed up pretty bad and flooded!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:

then you didn't need to be going 90 if you were just going to a place w/a better power grid. </font>[/QUOTE]See my fight or flight response post.

Comment

Go to the court date, in my many experiances with speeding tickets I find the judge will always cut you slack if you take the effort to come to court, you should have that ticket ammended to a lesser violation (less points, smaller fine) no sweat. If you are still worried call a lawyer, their worth the money if your license hangs in the balance, they can typically handle your ticket for around $100-$300. Good Luck

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X