I got in a wreck! IM AN IDIOT!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got in a wreck! IM AN IDIOT!!!!

Alright, I was leading some of my friends away from my house and I was in front. Well, im a 16 year old and tend to do things faster then I should. Well, I went around a turn faster than I should and lost control, fish tailed into a curb and messed my car up BAD. The wheels are rubbing on I guess the wheel wail and its making this horrible screaching sound! I AM AN IDIOT!!! I was doing things to fast and now i have proven it. All I know is that from now on I am driving slower than I did and being MUCH MUCH MUCH more careful!!! AHHHHHHH I guess im just another statistic for the 16 year old world!!! sorry for the rant, I am just SOOOOOOOOO mad at myself for acting like an idiot with a powerful car!

Originally posted by 02PewterFirebird:
    Alright, I was leading some of my friends away from my house and I was in front. Well, im a 16 year old and tend to do things faster then I should. Well, I went around a turn faster than I should and lost control, fish tailed into a curb and messed my car up BAD. The wheels are rubbing on I guess the wheel wail and its making this horrible screaching sound! I AM AN IDIOT!!! I was doing things to fast and now i have proven it. All I know is that from now on I am driving slower than I did and being MUCH MUCH MUCH more careful!!! AHHHHHHH I guess im just another statistic for the 16 year old world!!! sorry for the rant, I am just SOOOOOOOOO mad at myself for acting like an idiot with a powerful car!
    im not sure but arent u the kid who said u might be getting a v8 if you keep ur grades up?
    \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=6;t=021986

And for all of you talking about 16 year olds in GENERAL being bad drivers. Im not a bad driver, and even if I was you would never know.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

yes I am...and dont start about that. I know cars have alot of power and now I realize that. But, now I do not know if I am ready for a v8. I, I just dont know if I am even ready for a v6. Maybe I should by a honda civic or something. I just dont know. This has freaked me out, and I am going to get my car fixed and now I realize to slow down ALOT.

Comment

Ask around, eveyone has stories of how they were "going too fast" and something happened.. just not everyone gets damage done to their car. They're lucky.

At least you learned your lesson, work your *** off, get the car fixed, and just take it easy from now on.
          2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
          Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

just imagine if that was a LS1 you would probably be in the hospital.
            \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

I have around 1K saved up. That is going straight towards the car if it cant get fixed under warranty or insurance, I just dont know.

Comment

I have around 1K saved up. That is going straight towards the car if it cant get fixed under warranty or insurance, I just dont know.
                do ur parents know yet? if so, what did they say?

Comment

Just a word of advice, if you have the money to get it drivable DO NOT report it to insurance. If you do your rates will probably skyrocket, you may even get dropped from your insurance.

Comment

My mom knows and I called my dad(he is in california for work) and my mom is in Decatur for her work and she is on her way home. She didnt say anything except she is glad that I am o.k.. I dont even want to know what my dad is going to say.

Comment

it's all good

time to learn how to repair suspension componenets on your own [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i'm 16 as well and we all learn the hard way. i drive as safe as possible and i usually only go 5 over at most and i take turns pretty slow. but of course i decided to "see what this thing can really do." bad idea. i've gotten on it before, many times actually. i always make sure there's nobody around, the road is flat and safe, no big ditches, and it's clearly visible out. but of course i was being an idiot and i was going through a banked turn with an advisory stating 20mph and this road is a 55mph zone, so i figured i'd just go down to 50... well, doing a 360 was kinda fun after considering the dangerousness and idiocy behind it. i'm lucky nobody was coming the other direction or even coming up behind me. at 16, we all do stupid stuff. everyone that says, "well i'm 16 but i'm a good driver" is probably a pretty bad driver. it takes experience. and bad experiences help you too. try not to worry about it. no 16 year old is a "good driver." ****, not even all adults are good drivers lol. i'm glad you're safe though.

btw, if your suspension or something is seriously messed up, maybe this is an excuse for some upgrades/mods :D
                        1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

yeah, we were all 16 once and there is nothing like a good wreck to make you feel like a dumbass and learn how to drive lol. Just learn from your mistake, and i'm sorry it had to happen.

Comment

Ah, now I have to go back down to where it happened taking my mom and I have to get info from the guys house that I popped the curb at(it was in his driveway so it didnt cause damage). And now I found out that my mom said that this is "leaving the scene of an accident" so I could be in BIG BIG BIG trouble with the cops!!! AH THIS IS THE WORST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Umm, you didn't collide with anyone or anything other than a a curb right? So there was no accident only self-inflicted damage. You DO NOT have to report this to anyone. If you shoot your-self in the foot do you have to file it with the police, NO! Just move your car home somehow and fix it.
                              <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X