No announcement yet.

DHL shipping problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out working on my car one day and DHL pulled up to deliver a package to another apartment that was upstairs. He got out of the truck looked at the apt. shook the package and then THREW it to the upstairs apt. door. And on top of that he missed the first time and let it hit the ground! Then he did it again and it hit the door like brick. So much for good delivery service.

Comment

Theres been a couple times when I know the UPS man stopped by from hearing the "thud" of my package
      Ben<br /><br />1995 White/Black 3.4L<br />As far away from stock as possible<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=288292\" target=\"_blank\">My Site!!!</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.redlinevsix.com\" target=\"_blank\">RedLineV6</a><br />Rebuild and 3.4 T70 Turbo is complete<br />Details to come....

Comment

Originally posted by OreoLT1:
        I was out working on my car one day and DHL pulled up to deliver a package to another apartment that was upstairs. He got out of the truck looked at the apt. shook the package and then THREW it to the upstairs apt. door. And on top of that he missed the first time and let it hit the ground! Then he did it again and it hit the door like brick. So much for good delivery service.
        bwahhahaha
        -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

DHL plus an FI project is some how a bad idea.
          I can't get plasma troch tips so I can cut SS pipe for my turbo headers.
          And my 321 SS plate that I got from speedymetals on ebay got shiped through DHL and it never got to my house I orderd it like 2 months ago.
          It was going to be the exhasut flange to the turbos.
          And if I got the plate to day I still couldn't cut it, becasue of DHL.
          DHL & MIA or DHL = MIA
          So much for the "it will take your tips 3-4 days to get to maine".
          That 3-4 days was up the first week of november.
          \'85 Z28, T-tops new LG4 and TH700<br />\'85 3.4L 5-speed<br />mods: <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4</a> the nitrous exhaust O2 safety, pg 3. <br />Areo space materal engineer wantabe

Comment

I used to be a seasonal worker for both UPS and Fed-Ex. I worked at the main HUB in Ontario, Calif. It was pretty good making $9.00/hr. for 10 hrs. a day 6 days a week for Christmas. Imagine getting up 3am in the morning to work there. Stuffing packages at the belley of a DC-10 and driving tugs all day.

Both companies believe in staking their stuff high and tight. I seen both companies damaged goods and made extreme errors.

But you know, if every packages that DHL delivery is bad, they would definately be out of business.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I own my own buisness and one of the distributors we get stuff from used UPS then switched to DHL. That lasted for one week before they switched back to UPS.
              1995 Purple TA

Comment

Honestly at work I notice it, we get like 10 packages a day, and DHL **** gets messed up the most, sometimes stuff gets messed up with other palces but DHL it happens more times then you think.

You shouls see what they do with film canistars. REcently they managed to puncture a hole in like 1/4 in. steel canister, got water in it and managed to ruin ~$4,000 print of a movie.

Which inturn causes us to emergency ship a movie, which has resulted to the point of where they acutally just give the guy a print, and he just flies commercial rents a car drops it off drives back and flys back.

BTW does ups rent trucks near you guys too? Around here if they will rent trunks ALOT we were talking to the driver and a they found its cheaper just to rent trucks by the week locally then it is to upkeep and repair their own trucks at times. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

SO UPS guy drive up in a "yellowtruck rental" truck to deliver packages.

Comment

We use those when the package cars are down or there isn't enough.

We have an in house mechanics shop that services all of the different package cars as well as the semi's. I don't know about the smaller bayside facility on the otherside of the city, but the hub I work at does.
                  -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

I like UPS. The send me a a bill instead of charging my credit card for every shipment. And their online shipping system is easier than FedEx. eBay + UPS = [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X