No announcement yet.

Is this Legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh i can think of several stories posted by members recently about relationships gone bad at work. dealing with the fallout distracts from the real goal -- work!

Comment

Those who meet their future spouses at work do so because they spend at least 40hrs a week with the same people.

It happens. It will always happen. However,if it fails, it will carry into the workplace. And it affects more than just the two people.

And if the two work in the same department, it gets worse. And if one of the two is in a position of authority, it can get real ugly.

The place I used to work at had that problem. The supervisor was dating a woman in the same department on the same shift. She did pretty much what she wanted because she was banging the guy.

Everyone was too afraid to do anything about it.
      It ended after she got pregnant, by her husband.

Sign it and move on. Break it if you want, just keep in mind what will happen when you get caught.

Comment

At my compnay we know its going on just try to keep them hiding it and not shown.

If you think you will get fired for letting them know you are going out with a co-worker. Then you are going to hide it. You are not going to openly kiss them make other uncomfortable, or pissed for favoritism because you will try to treat them fairly so you do not get fired.

If you are let to go rampant, you will do everything including favoriteism and such.

Its their policy if you don't like it you don't have to work there.

Even though it happens there are problems with working with a spouse, I have been with my girl for almost 4 years. I worked side by side with her for awhile, we got into lots of arguments because of it. When we were out of work had no problems.

It happens but jsut think of your worst break up, now imagine working and talking with a pyscho ex-girlfriend 40 hours a week.

Comment

My brother met his wife while employed for Arther Anderson down in Sarasota, while on a business meeting. I wouldn't work for a place if they made me sign that (that is, if there was hot chicas there). [img]smile.gif[/img]
          2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

I never had to sign anything but my boss has a "No dating coworkers at work" rule ;) Not stopping me ;)
            Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

School and the workplace have to be the most common place to meet your significant other.

Once you reach a certain age I would almost bet the workplace is the most common place to meet someone.
              SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Work is stressful enough man... you don't need that trouble.
                *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

Comment

Secondary relationships. Sure you can date a co-worker, but things could get very difficult at work and awkward if things between you two went south at home.

Same reason why RA's don't date residents.
                  <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
                    No company other than the U.S. Government legally owns you outside of work. They can make you sign that but they can't enforce it as long as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happens at work.

That's a million-dollar-lawsuit in the making. Happens all the time. In this country we have something called "freedom". A privately-owned corporation cannot dictate who you may fall in love with on your own free time outside of work. (They'll try, which is why its such an easy lawsuit.)
                    100% correct. Do not sign it. Tell them if you are harrassed or fired due to not signing it you will contact a laywer. It's a good oppurtunity for some
                    easy job security [img]smile.gif[/img]

At my last job menards we had to sign an aggreement saying we could not sue if we got hurt. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] It was to scare you from suing if you did get hurt. But I know for a fact they cannot legally do that.

If there is a way to grab a small company by the balls you are set, last thing they want is a law suit. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just like me at menards.

The illegal immigrant they hired finally gave proof of as green card he recieved 5 months after he was hired. They let this guy do anything. Call in sick just about any day he pleases.

Also another guy, he got injured and pulled his back really bad after the manager told him to lift something. They put him on light duty. He was better by the time i was hired. This guy would walk off of his work to goto the restaurant next door to eat for about 1 hour every day while on duty. Then he would sometimes leave for 1 or 2 hours and sit in the break room on duty.

The managers dont say anything, they even gave him a .50 cent raise. and employee of the month,
                    and this guy hardly is around.

Comment

No offense, but it's crap like this that is causing lawsuit abuse to get out of control. The purpose of the fraternization agreement is so you don't go trying to get with everyone at work. If you wanna go out and have a few drinks afterwards or whatever, they don't care. It's only when you start letting it get in the way of work that they get pissed. And by having you sign it, it's just MORE ammunition against you if you sue for wrongful termination. Even if you didn't sign it and started letting your "personal" life get in the way of work, they could fire you anyways. I say just sign the piece of paper and take the job. And try not to get to crazy in copy room.
                      Proud Member of the Fightin Texas Aggie Class of 2004! WHOOP!

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOfPrey01:
                        The illegal immigrant they hired finally gave proof of as green card he recieved 5 months after he was hired. They let this guy do anything. Call in sick just about any day he pleases.
                        Damn those feckin Canadians think they can come into this country and do as they please. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                        ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Originally posted by Speed04:
                          No offense, but it's crap like this that is causing lawsuit abuse to get out of control. The purpose of the fraternization agreement is so you don't go trying to get with everyone at work. If you wanna go out and have a few drinks afterwards or whatever, they don't care. It's only when you start letting it get in the way of work that they get pissed. And by having you sign it, it's just MORE ammunition against you if you sue for wrongful termination. Even if you didn't sign it and started letting your "personal" life get in the way of work, they could fire you anyways. I say just sign the piece of paper and take the job. And try not to get to crazy in copy room.
                          Law suit abuse? Anyone can sue anyone, its a free country, it is when people sue for stupid reasons that piss me off

"Im too fat im suing nabisco and mcdonalds"

"Your dog pooped in my yard Im suing you"

"You hurt my feelings, im suing you"

"I didnt know smoking was bad for my heath, i only cough up blood and hack lungs all day, it even says surgeon general warns of cancer, but i will sue"

Cigarettes may be addictive but so is TV. TV helps us release alot of sertonin which can be addictive.

Maybe you should realize that the real idiots are the judges that let some of these bogus suits pass.

Judges arnt always the greatest. Look at the football player that got into a drunk driving accident and killed a woman. 90 days in jail, and probation. OJ simpson trial was a joke. The dumb lady that burned herself in the car with hot coffee, duh its coffee its hot!

These judges are obvious morons.

[ July 03, 2004, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: BirdOfPrey01 ]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X