Is this Legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Legal?

My new job has a "fraternizaion" agreenment thing. If I dont sign it, I cant work there.

Basicly states I cannont "get involved romantically with any employees, even off the premises"

Making me sign it or I get fired......

They can say it's unprofessional if you do get involved romantically.

I say it's legal.
    2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
    Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Its legal. I've worked at alot of places that will fire both employees if they find out they are "romantically involved".
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

my moms work had that but they changed it
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

It's legal, and enforced. Just find your piece of @$$ elsewhere....
          Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

its a good idea. especially for small companies.

Comment

sign it and then just sneak around, it would be more fun that way anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Have sex on the paper in your bosses office, then sign it and give it to him
                Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Sign it. Fishing off the company pier never turns out good anyway.
                  <a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> <br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_o_jones\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a></b><br />--This doesn\'t change the fact that I am ~The Guru~ who still kicks puppies...

Comment

No company other than the U.S. Government legally owns you outside of work. They can make you sign that but they can't enforce it as long as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happens at work.

That's a million-dollar-lawsuit in the making. Happens all the time. In this country we have something called "freedom". A privately-owned corporation cannot dictate who you may fall in love with on your own free time outside of work. (They'll try, which is why its such an easy lawsuit.)

Comment

Nah its easily enforced. Why? because they will always make a showing of it at work and then they can be fired lol.
                      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Yep you have to sign it... even if you didn't are you gong to get lawyers and crap to defy your boss and make his life miserable? Might as well quit at that point.

Just sneak around... we have rules like that at my work, just had me and my girlfriend work seperate departments.

Comment

'rules' like this are meant to cut down on sexual harassment lawsuits for companies.

Comment

besides its always bad to dip your pen in the company ink... you think it won't bring up problems but yeah it does...

Comment

BS.

I have many coworkers who met their wives/husbands through work. Its been happening since the dawn of time and it will continue to happen despite some fools' attempts to put together a "non-fraternization agreement".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X