Dissapointed in Chevy dealership service & my car is a police pkg??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dissapointed in Chevy dealership service & my car is a police pkg???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you will save so much money and worry if you do the work yourself. then you self esteem will get a big boost once you see that you can do all this stuff yourself
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin T.:
      If you don't believe me about the police package, call your local chevy dealership and give them this VIN 2G1FP22K0Y2154646 and ask them if it is in fact a police package. Also, I know now that my cat is going out because the heat shield just began to rattle today, no rear o2 fault. Thanks for all the help folks with the exception of dude ahead of me.
      There is no such thing as a V6 police package. Here's the brochure from GM about police package camaros.

http://www.9c1.com/brochures/2000/00_b4c.pdf

To order a Camaro special service poice package, model 1FP87 and option B4C as well as ISP preferred equipment group must be ordered.

Model 1FP87 is a Z28 coupe, so unless you have a Z28 and don't now about it, you DON'T have a police package. The dealership is jerking your chain.

Also, just becaue your heat shield is rattling doesn't mean your cat's going out. When your cat stops functioning properly, it's not going to convert the hydrocarbons properly. Therefore your rear O2 will see a richer then normal condition and you'll throw an SES light and you're car will go into "Limp home mode" severely cutting back performance.

BTW, how many miles do you have on your car?

I'm just trying to help you out, here. That dealership is feeding you a load of bull. The fact that they tried to insist that your V6 camaro is a police package is proof. But if you want to get dry humped by the dealer, and pay out the *** for stuff you don't need, then more power to you.

[ December 08, 2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: camaro_speedemon ]
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

it has 84k on it now, I replace two coils and its driving fine now, I guess I'll take the heat shield off since theres no SES light yet.
        2000 Camaro, Pewter Metallic, M5 tranny, 3.23 gears, Hard Top, <br /><br />Modifications:<br />SLP loudmouth (dual/dual tips)<br />MSD 8.5mm wires<br />K&N airfilter<br />SS hood (don\'t buy from fiberglassfabricators.com!!!)<br />Spec stage 2 clutch

Comment

How'd they talk you into replacing the PCM?
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

ECM....there are a lot of things that can go wrong. thats life
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X