Dissapointed in Chevy dealership service & my car is a police pkg??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dissapointed in Chevy dealership service & my car is a police pkg???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissapointed in Chevy dealership service & my car is a police pkg???

I recently took my car to the local chevy dealership to have some work done. I had a new ECM put in($415.75) tranny mount($192.79) Fuel Filter ($53.49) manual tranny flush($70.20) rear differential service($57.69) and an airfilter which was like $20. Needless to say I got screwed on the price but I wanted it done right,I've gone through the shoddy mechanic thing one too many times. Well anyways, I leave the place and my car is idling funny (it was cold so I could concur) well it drove and shifted fine at first then 5 miles down the road it starts missing...bad. I pull over to the local advance and have them scan it, it showed up as a miss on cylinder 5 but they couldn't tell me what was wrong with it exactly. So I drive back into to town to talk to the service guy(douche by the way), and he wouldn't have a mechanic check it out for me real quick,told me it could be a major problem, I guess he thought since I was 17 I would be dumb...but he tells me that I would have to schedule yet another appointment in which I would be paying for the parts and labor :( . I'm guessing its a coil pack since the plugs and wires are new, it misses if I give more than 10% throttle all through the RPM band in any gear. I have to granny drive like way to slow for my taste and thats shifting at like 2,100 which gets me nowhere quick. Well one other thing I found out on the receipt other than the $872.72 price was that my car is a police package. I didn't believe it at first but sure enough it is, kinda stupid to make V6 fbody police interceptors. Its a non-Y87 too. It's definetly not quicker than any normal V6 fbody since the best I can pull is a 16 flat@89 with a 2.495 60ft. Well to sum it all up, I guess I learned that the whole "you pay for what you get thing" isn't always true...
    2000 Camaro, Pewter Metallic, M5 tranny, 3.23 gears, Hard Top, <br /><br />Modifications:<br />SLP loudmouth (dual/dual tips)<br />MSD 8.5mm wires<br />K&N airfilter<br />SS hood (don\'t buy from fiberglassfabricators.com!!!)<br />Spec stage 2 clutch

Sorry about the triple post lol I guess I hit back too many times or something, tried to fix the double post and it deleted both hit back a couple of times and now theres three. Don't flame too bad
    2000 Camaro, Pewter Metallic, M5 tranny, 3.23 gears, Hard Top, <br /><br />Modifications:<br />SLP loudmouth (dual/dual tips)<br />MSD 8.5mm wires<br />K&N airfilter<br />SS hood (don\'t buy from fiberglassfabricators.com!!!)<br />Spec stage 2 clutch

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin T.:
      Sorry about the triple post lol I guess I hit back too many times or something, tried to fix the double post and it deleted both hit back a couple of times and now theres three. Don't flame too bad
      Just click edit in those other threads and select the Delete checkbox. ;)
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

other than the fact the the service guy is a dusch, what the problem with their service?

from what your telling me, you decided to pay dealership prices and you got what you wanted done. they didnt cause this problem your having now.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

GM Technician vs. Angry Customer (round 1.. ding)
          <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2288859\" target=\"_blank\">1999 Mustang GT(Car Domain)</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2123740\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Pontiac Firebird(Car Domain) *SOLD*</a></b> <br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000902\" target=\"_blank\"><b>PA</b> - Maple Grove Test\'N\'Tune <i>April 15th</i></a>

Comment

thanks! once again sorry folks

Comment

well for one, they ran a diagnostics on it (says so on the receipt) and about 5 miles down the road on the same start the tech guy brought it around to me with it starts to miss...they should have told me or something, they sure told me about my catalytic converter that is "about" to go and that acid was leaking out of my positive battery terminal due to corrosion and rusting my fender. I've just had a time with these folks, just getting in touch with the service representative was a pain in the ***

Comment

mae sure that the wire's are NOT too close to anything that gets hot. I can see that being a problem b/c once the engine heats up it would short the wires. Like that would seriously be the main problem. Otherwise I'd check to make sure that tehy didn't mix the plug coils up. like put the wire from coil 3 to plug 6.

But seriously, check the make sure that the wires aren't overheating :]
                99 WS6
                13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
                tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

I just noticed this earlier, is it cool to have one coil made for an 8 cylinder on there? because I saw a 7 on the one in the back, was either 6 or 8 on other side, its dark. Guess this is the work of the last mechanic I had working on my ****.

[ December 07, 2005, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Kevin T. ]

Comment

I just noticed this earlier, is it cool to have one coil made for an 8 cylinder on there? because I saw a 7 on the one in the back, was either 6 or 8 on other side, its dark. Guess this is the work of the last mechanic I had working on my ****.
                    :eek: was that put on at the dealership? if so, i would start raising some serious hell

unless it was caused by something they did, it is not their fault your car started to miss on the same start that they brought the car to you.

[ December 07, 2005, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: BLLDOGG ]
                    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

no the 8 cylinder coil has been there im guessing 7-8 monthes now, any serious damage that could result from this? I never noticed before because its the hard to get one in the back. All the coils are identical though

Comment

My reccomendation would be study the general tech forums, because you're really getting dry ****ed without lube. You're 'cat coverter' is going to faile [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] You'd know when that goes, because you'd start tripping a rear o2 fault.

BTW, your car isn't a police package.
                        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

no the 8 cylinder coil has been there im guessing 7-8 monthes now, any serious damage that could result from this?
                          No, it will spit out a charge to fire the spark plug the same as any other coil.

I'm betting you are just seeing a miss and I'm betting it's plug wire related. Just pop the hood and check your wire connections at the plug and at the coil. To check for an arcing wire just start it up when it's really dark outside, pop the hood and look for any sparking.

Also, learn to do some of that stuff yourself. A fuel filter, tranny mount, air filter and rear diff service are not difficult at all.

I also think you should maybe check out a different dealer if you still insist on going to one.
                          2000 GTP<br />Pulley, Intake<br />ET - 14.02<br />Trap - 97.15

Comment

If you don't believe me about the police package, call your local chevy dealership and give them this VIN 2G1FP22K0Y2154646 and ask them if it is in fact a police package. Also, I know now that my cat is going out because the heat shield just began to rattle today, no rear o2 fault. Thanks for all the help folks with the exception of dude ahead of me.

Comment

Also, I know now that my cat is going out because the heat shield just began to rattle today, no rear o2 fault.
                              No, your heat shield is loose. Just tear if off.

Seriously man you need to learn how to turn a wrench for yourself and learn some things about cars if you are going to mod them.
                              2000 GTP<br />Pulley, Intake<br />ET - 14.02<br />Trap - 97.15

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X