X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gergwheel:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by V8 Killer:
    I'm talking AMERICAN.
    Where do you think the Accord is built at? the engine and tranny are built in east liberty OHIO, and the car is then assembled in marysville OHIO. last time i checked OHIO was an AMERICAN state. but please correct me if im wrong. </font>[/QUOTE]It's still Japanese Engineering, Design, and Profits. Well, sort of profits.
    <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
      A good condition 3rd gen with a TPI. That thing has 235-240hp with 340tq I don't think it will go down that easily.

The GTA with PASS convert. that I almost bought before my 98 Firebird was fast. That thing was 100% stock with paper filter and all. I've driven a lot of fast car and that thing is no slacker.

I only bought the 98 Firebird because I was attracted to the look and didn't care much for speed. The Firebird stock was fast but compare to that GTA it was nothing.
      1 problem. Yeah, they were good for 14s back in the day, but majority of the stock 350TPI cars now are pretty ragged and the 700R4s on em are slush. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Stout in good shape though. But if you paid attention to what I listed, the prowler is good for mid-low 14s... The CTS, eh - a little work and a good driver with a 5spd they are in the 14s.. And the T-bird SuperCoupe with a 5spd can haul some ***.. 230hp/300tq.. [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
      </font>[/QUOTE]You mean the SC T-bird to be 210hp w/315 tq at a weight of 3850lbs and goes a quarter mile at 15.6. It never went above that. Unless you swap the pulley. We use to have one in the 90's. It's fast alright. It about the same as my stock Firebird back then but no where near the GTA I drove with only 40k.

Your right about the tranny being weak. CTS, my uncle has one. That car is more luxury than anything.

Prowler, is a big disappointment to alot of hot rodders.

[ September 22, 2005, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Mighty Thor ]

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

one of my freinds swapped in a 3.0 V-6 into a omni insteed of a turbo 2.2 3.0 have 175/200 stock.. it really moved that little car around..no lag no waiting.

[ September 25, 2005, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: masterjr33 ]
        1996 Dark Green V-6 auto. few mods.<br />previous rides:<br />1989 turbo 5 speed dodge caravan (18 PSI, 3\" exhuast,intercooled blah blah)<br />1989 Mustang GT (11.72 @118 many many mods, blown engine a.t.m. :-( )

Comment

^^ Why didn't he just keep the 2.2 turbo? Omni GLHS will go for some good money.
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Theres quite a few guys out there running high 14s bone stock in SC 3.8 TBirds.. 5spd cars, lowest model SuperCoupe meaning the lightest ones, have seen 14.9s stock. You're right though, pulley swap and you're scootin'.

I agree, prowler is/was a big disappointment, but it still pulled 14.4s for how ****ty it was. Car would have been SO much more had they put a magnum 4.7 or better yet a Hemi 5.7 in em :D
            Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

it wasnt a GLH or GLHS . i use to own a 85 GLH turbo..
              it was a 90 omni the last year for them. and the only year with the good computer SMEC. basically a bol in computer swap and 4 new pins/connectors for the dizzy and IAT if you go turbo 2 stuff.
              besides turbo dodges blow up CONSTANTLY ..

i kinda typed that out wrong so ill fix it..

the 3.0 came in the mini vans and most other FWD dodges.. IE they are CHEAP..

no turbo lag.. crazy torque and not having to worry about you rod bearings every time you boost is nice also.
              1996 Dark Green V-6 auto. few mods.<br />previous rides:<br />1989 turbo 5 speed dodge caravan (18 PSI, 3\" exhuast,intercooled blah blah)<br />1989 Mustang GT (11.72 @118 many many mods, blown engine a.t.m. :-( )

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X