What American V6's will beat V8's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What American V6's will beat V8's?

Just wondering how many American V6's are out there that can beat the everyday 3rd gen Camaro/Firebird 350 TPI V8's.

Grand National (3.8 Turbo)
    Monte Carlo SS (3.8 Super)
    Impala SS (3.8 Super)
    Turbo Trans Am ( 3.8 Turbo)

Any other perhaps N/A ones?

[ September 21, 2005, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: V8 Killer ]

our V6s can beat them
    mustang v6s probably can
    i beat a honda accord could too

[ September 21, 2005, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: BLLDOGG ]
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

the 3.4 DOHC will give them a good run for the $$$
      also, the new 3.5 & 3.9 in teh caddies & what not.

You forgot to mention GTP. oh wait, you put the wanna be's up there [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

honda accord could those new ones are pretty quick
        Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

I'm talking AMERICAN.

Comment

I was running a 3.9L v6 CTS with at least exhaust work done the other day. That was pretty quick.
            \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

T-Bird SuperCoupe, Caddy CTS, Plymouth/Chrysler Prowler...
              Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

A good condition 3rd gen with a TPI. That thing has 235-240hp with 340tq I don't think it will go down that easily.

The GTA with PASS convert. that I almost bought before my 98 Firebird was fast. That thing was 100% stock with paper filter and all. I've driven a lot of fast car and that thing is no slacker.

I only bought the 98 Firebird because I was attracted to the look and didn't care much for speed. The Firebird stock was fast but compare to that GTA it was nothing.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

grand prix gtp supercharged 3.8
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802975/3\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802975/3</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
                    A good condition 3rd gen with a TPI. That thing has 235-240hp with 340tq I don't think it will go down that easily.

The GTA with PASS convert. that I almost bought before my 98 Firebird was fast. That thing was 100% stock with paper filter and all. I've driven a lot of fast car and that thing is no slacker.

I only bought the 98 Firebird because I was attracted to the look and didn't care much for speed. The Firebird stock was fast but compare to that GTA it was nothing.
                    1 problem. Yeah, they were good for 14s back in the day, but majority of the stock 350TPI cars now are pretty ragged and the 700R4s on em are slush. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Stout in good shape though. But if you paid attention to what I listed, the prowler is good for mid-low 14s... The CTS, eh - a little work and a good driver with a 5spd they are in the 14s.. And the T-bird SuperCoupe with a 5spd can haul some ***.. 230hp/300tq.. [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

my car can [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
                      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

My V8 &gt; my V6 :D
                        <b>1998 Blue-Green Chameleon Firebird Formula</b><br /><b>1998 Bright Green Metallic Firebird Coupe</b><br /><br /><b>The LS1:</b><br />10.958@126.20, 1.61 60\', 96% stock<br />~Project 347. Bigger. Forged. Boosted.<br /><b>The L36:</b><br />16.246@82.88, 2.40 60\', 100% stock<br />~Whisper lid , K&N, and 180* t-stat

Comment

Typhoon and Syclone &gt; V8

Comment

Originally posted by V8 Killer:
                            I'm talking AMERICAN.
                            Where do you think the Accord is built at? the engine and tranny are built in east liberty OHIO, and the car is then assembled in marysville OHIO. last time i checked OHIO was an AMERICAN state. but please correct me if im wrong.
                            1987 Buick Grand National drivetrain in my 1993 Pontiac Firebird. PT53 turbo, 212/212 comp cam, 3400 lockup converter, stock heads, Precision bar & plate FMIC with 3\" piping, 1994 z28 rearend, hotwired walbro 255 fuel pump, Nitto drag radials

Comment

Originally posted by gergwheel:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by V8 Killer:
                              I'm talking AMERICAN.
                              Where do you think the Accord is built at? the engine and tranny are built in east liberty OHIO, and the car is then assembled in marysville OHIO. last time i checked OHIO was an AMERICAN state. but please correct me if im wrong. </font>[/QUOTE]I think he is talking about where the companies are based because otherwise the f-body is out because its a canuck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X