GM finally cutting back in the right areas - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM finally cutting back in the right areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x2 with everything v6Bob said.

My father is 56 and has worked 90 - 100 hours a week for the past 25 years. Trust me, I understand how hard it is go get by from the bottom. I also help my mother pay her bills because she cannot afford them.

And don't tell me people don't have options. I have been working full time, taking care of a family AND going to school for the last ten years. I don't watch tv, I don't go out with friends, and I don't have (much of) a life. But that's a choice I made to better myself and to give my son a life I couldn't have. "Most" of us can make those choices.

I agree that the world runs on greed. People who are stinking rich still commit crimes to get richer. It's disgusting who much people value material objects and money over things like family and friends. Don't get me wrong, I love my sh*t (mostly cars) as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't kill someone for a pair of frickin Nikes.

The problem is far deeper than greedy execs. Look at what retarded people do on reality shows for a couple of dollars. Everyone dreams of hollywood and being rich, but people think 40 hours a week is too much to work. Our values are so skewed it's ridiculous.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Actually, in our hub at least, you need only about 10-12 years of FULL time seniority (big difference from P/T seniority) to become a feeder driver if you want it. Not many F/T package car drivers want it because its almost always an overnight job and its very very tedious and stressful on the mind. Say I get the route from Tampa to Jacksonville, I will be doing that route for 20 years maybe..the same damn drive everynight.

Once I get into FT package car driving, which I'm hoping to do by next Christmas, they start you out at 16.50 or so an hour, then you get a raise every 6 months for 2 years. After 2 years you're at top pay 28.xx an hour for that contract. Once our contract runs out in 2008, they will renegotiate the wages and benefits. It may only go up 1-2 an hour but its something.

Granted, 50k a year after 2 years of F/T package car driving is PLENTY for me and thats with absolutely no overtime. During christmas, most of them take HOME close to 2k a week because of the insane hours they make us work.

Called outsourcing that is screwing us. Even though I liked Clinton, he was an IDIOT for backing NAFTA and sending our jobs to other countries.

UPS going to kill this country? Give me a break.
      -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X