mustang help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mustang help?

My younger brother is shopping for a v6 mustang. I know..... :sigh: But, my parents veto-ed anything with a v8 and the car has to have 35,000miles or less and still be in his price range. There are NO f-bodies within 100miles of him that meet those requirements... there all $2-3k more than the stang.

Anyone know of an informative site for a v6 mustang. Right now we are looking for information on what gear options came on the stock car and if any of them came with a posi rear-end.

Thanks for the help.
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

How about a GNx? :D

3.8mustang.com is a pretty informative site with a forum and stuff. Did they explain why no V8? Insurance? Too much power? Gas? I'm pretty sure none of them came with a posi except maybe Cobra's. Is he only interested in an American car?

Comment

www.v6mustang.com is another good site.
      1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

How about an Impala or Monte Carlo SS? Hey its a V6, but supercharged :D

Comment

he wants a 2 door coupe. well... actually he was going to buy a truck, but with gas prices he backed down from that.

he just turned 17, insurance would absolutely kill him on a v8. That, and no 17 year old needs a v8. Its asking for trouble.... He's buying the car, but parents are covering insurance, so nothing with a v8 or SS label.

Price limit is $12k More interested in american, thank God. I was trying to talk him into a Buick Riviera, but he is more into style than speed.

[ September 08, 2005, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: ellik ]

Comment

Buick Grand National!

Comment

no can do on the GN. too old, he needs something that will be relatively reliable. that, and Dad knows what the GN is. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn, lol. No SS, no V8, No GNx. I guess nothing but a V6 Mustang is left. But hey, they can be made semi fast with a few bolt ons [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Get a 5 speed. Whatever you do get a five speed. The autos are slow slow slow. Don't make that mistake.

(speaks from 2000 auto experience)
                  2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

I think I have convinced him of that much at least.

thanks for the sites.

Does anyone know what gearing options the 3.8 mustangs had and if ANY of them came with the T-lock posi from the factory? Im digging around and still cant find the answer, and just like here newbie questions take awhile to find the right person willing to give a straitforward answer.

Comment

Limited slip was not an option on V6 stangs, gearing choices were either 2.73 or 3.27 -- depending on year. But stangs are cake to work on, get an 8.8" rear off a GT with limited slip to replace his 7.5" and BOOYA, it'll handle any sort of power he throws at it with that V6....
                      Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

www.v6power.net
                        Jeff ..
                        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Or www.mustangv6.com

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

why dont he get a nice Grand Am GT? :D

Comment

it has GT in the name [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

GT ALWAYS MEANS FAST ask ford [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X