mustang help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mustang help?

My younger brother is shopping for a v6 mustang. I know..... :sigh: But, my parents veto-ed anything with a v8 and the car has to have 35,000miles or less and still be in his price range. There are NO f-bodies within 100miles of him that meet those requirements... there all $2-3k more than the stang.

Anyone know of an informative site for a v6 mustang. Right now we are looking for information on what gear options came on the stock car and if any of them came with a posi rear-end.

Thanks for the help.
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

How about a GNx? :D

3.8mustang.com is a pretty informative site with a forum and stuff. Did they explain why no V8? Insurance? Too much power? Gas? I'm pretty sure none of them came with a posi except maybe Cobra's. Is he only interested in an American car?

Comment

www.v6mustang.com is another good site.
      1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

How about an Impala or Monte Carlo SS? Hey its a V6, but supercharged :D

Comment

he wants a 2 door coupe. well... actually he was going to buy a truck, but with gas prices he backed down from that.

he just turned 17, insurance would absolutely kill him on a v8. That, and no 17 year old needs a v8. Its asking for trouble.... He's buying the car, but parents are covering insurance, so nothing with a v8 or SS label.

Price limit is $12k More interested in american, thank God. I was trying to talk him into a Buick Riviera, but he is more into style than speed.

[ September 08, 2005, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: ellik ]

Comment

Buick Grand National!

Comment

no can do on the GN. too old, he needs something that will be relatively reliable. that, and Dad knows what the GN is. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn, lol. No SS, no V8, No GNx. I guess nothing but a V6 Mustang is left. But hey, they can be made semi fast with a few bolt ons [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Get a 5 speed. Whatever you do get a five speed. The autos are slow slow slow. Don't make that mistake.

(speaks from 2000 auto experience)
                  2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

I think I have convinced him of that much at least.

thanks for the sites.

Does anyone know what gearing options the 3.8 mustangs had and if ANY of them came with the T-lock posi from the factory? Im digging around and still cant find the answer, and just like here newbie questions take awhile to find the right person willing to give a straitforward answer.

Comment

Limited slip was not an option on V6 stangs, gearing choices were either 2.73 or 3.27 -- depending on year. But stangs are cake to work on, get an 8.8" rear off a GT with limited slip to replace his 7.5" and BOOYA, it'll handle any sort of power he throws at it with that V6....
                      Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

www.v6power.net
                        Jeff ..
                        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Or www.mustangv6.com

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

why dont he get a nice Grand Am GT? :D

Comment

it has GT in the name [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

GT ALWAYS MEANS FAST ask ford [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X