Calling all high mileage cars!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Calling all high mileage cars!!!

280,000 this past thursday on my way home.

Comment

262,000km and running...but I seem to have broken several suspension parts lately...which is weird...especially considering most of it was aftermarket stuff...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        262,000km and running...but I seem to have broken several suspension parts lately...which is weird...especially considering most of it was aftermarket stuff...
        too many power turns?
        Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
        1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
        1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
        2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

165k on my jeep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R783tH0oosc
          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

230k+ on the ZJ (transmission is currently sitting on the ground)

208k+ 99 LS1 M6 (You can tell shes wearing out, original drivetrain)
            sigpic
            98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Still running like a champ. Might go back to iridiums and extract the DiamondFires I installed previously just to check plug conditions for this kind of mileage.

I noticed some infrequent hard starting, like you turn the key and it just cranks until you let off and turn the ignition a second time for the crisp engine firing, so I'll look into the fuel filter first.
              The fuel pump and coils were replaced earlier in the year. It does get 1 can of Seafoam in the fuel tank at every oil change.

I have yet to even touch the fuel pressure regulator and injectors since this purchase in Oct 2004. Gotta say that my 3.8L service life is extremely impressive!
              Last edited by 96RS Alex; 10-17-2010, 03:44 AM. Reason: High Mileage V6
              Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

125000 2000 Camaro. AC compressor and starter replaced. Same trans, alternator,
                fuel pump, fuel injectors, bearings, radiator untouched in ten years. I do not drive
                it hard and it has always been in a warm climate.

Comment

Your paint job is like new. My Camaro is a 2000 and the paint job is NOT half as good as yours, mine is black too. I would never get a black car again however. Did you have it repainted? If so what did it cost?

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
                    Your paint job is like new. My Camaro is a 2000 and the paint job is NOT half as good as yours, mine is black too. I would never get a black car again however. Did you have it repainted? If so what did it cost?
                    The V6 has the original paint. What you're seeing is the car in the shade. The front end has numerous specks from driving in the fast lane 90% of the time and the front lip of my hood has signs of rust from highway debris impact. Although I do get my share of compliments on the finish, the shine is attributed to a Zaino wax job I did last year and its holding up quite well. The Zaino kit ran me about $150 approximately. From the windshield and on back the paint is near flawless though.

Below is my "Ultra" Low Mileage 2002 SLP SS @ 11,500 miles with the Zaino treatment.
                    Off topic but I felt like showing off the eye candy taken by a Sony Cybershot 8 Megapixel camera which doesnt do it justice.
                    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Originally posted by 96RS Alex View Post
                      The V6 has the original paint. What you're seeing is the car in the shade. The front end has numerous specks from driving in the fast lane 90% of the time and the front lip of my hood has signs of rust from highway debris impact. Although I do get my share of compliments on the finish, the shine is attributed to a Zaino wax job I did last year and its holding up quite well. The Zaino kit ran me about $150 approximately. From the windshield and on back the paint is near flawless though.

Below is my "Ultra" Low Mileage 2002 SLP SS @ 11,500 miles with the Zaino treatment.
                      Off topic but I felt like showing off the eye candy taken by a Sony Cybershot 8 Megapixel camera which doesnt do it justice.

Your car looks sharp , outstanding job on it, I think I might try Zaino on mine to see if I can get it to shine more, mine was painted GM black from factory Artic white 2 years ago. Its still holding up well but like you I have had some nicks from the highway. I was able to use some touch up paint and then use a bufffer on some and they came out looking great. What Zaino prducts do you use ? Also I'm use a 8" buffer on mine. Thanks for any help.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Just thought I'd point out that my cars got so many miles on the meter, it broke.
                        -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                          Your car looks sharp , outstanding job on it, I think I might try Zaino on mine to see if I can get it to shine more, mine was painted GM black from factory Artic white 2 years ago. Its still holding up well but like you I have had some nicks from the highway. I was able to use some touch up paint and then use a bufffer on some and they came out looking great. What Zaino prducts do you use ? Also I'm use a 8" buffer on mine. Thanks for any help.
                          I use a Porter & Cable buffer and the Zaino application ( pic below ) is a detailed step by step procedure which is listed in their kit. Labor intensive but totally worth the time spent. I'm just a meticulous fanatic when it comes to show & shine. Some close up pics included for you SSMS5411. Nice Camaro you have by the way!

Comment

so many miles here its exempt..lol

Comment

I bought my car with 160000 and Im at around 184000 now and the car runs great :) and im pretty sure theirs plenty of life still left in it to:)

Comment

Originally posted by 96RS Alex View Post
                                I use a Porter & Cable buffer and the Zaino application ( pic below ) is a detailed step by step procedure which is listed in their kit. Labor intensive but totally worth the time spent. I'm just a meticulous fanatic when it comes to show & shine. Some close up pics included for you SSMS5411. Nice Camaro you have by the way!

Thanks man, I have a 8" buffer , does that all come in a kit? if so how much and wheres the best place to buy it? After all my engine work is done and turbo is all the way on , I hope to have it detailed or I will detail it over a few days,LOL. Thanks for the pics, that paint is clean for sure.
                                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X